Positive effects of massive weight loss on mental health

PuggleDad
on 2/20/21 12:01 pm, edited 2/20/21 12:02 pm

I will not share my entire life story or anything, but we all get so lost in talking the changes in appearance or physical health, but what happens to our mental health is fascinating as well. In my personal life, I have seen my anxiety change in drastic ways. I'll always have at least some constant anxiety, that's always just lingering, but as far as social anxiety goes the change couldn't be more drastic.

My moods have been better overall as I like my new body. I like having things to do or dress nicely for (this has been a terrible year for that, obviously). I almost like being seen now a bit too much, when before all I wanted to was hide.

I am not saying all this weight loss is going to cure my mental stuff or anyone else's. I do want to point out that losing weight won't solve all your problems, but if being that big of a person affects you so much that it, for instance turns you into a hermit for a time like it did me- then maybe the weight loss actually is part of the solution to some of the mental stuff taking a toll on us, just like therapy can help us treat our bodies better.

We all should put as much effort in keeping our minds right as our bodies, because neglecting the one is going to harm the other.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 1 replies · 156 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 1 replies · 218 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 401 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 1 replies · 842 views