How can you be reasonably sure to not get ripped off>

flyonthewall
on 7/5/12 4:15 pm
I know lots has changed in mexico, but how do you set up surgery?  At what point do you pay? Do you use money  order, cashier's check> Credit?  How do you Confirm, etc?  I know how these things work in the states, but I have no idea about other places.  Thank you!
its-killen-me
on 7/6/12 6:20 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 I paid with a cashiers check - the bank made it out to dr. Ponce de Leon. no one but him could have cashed it.  I paid when I got to the hospital in mexico, they did their pre-op testing EKG, blood work ,blood pressure etc... surgery was same day I arrived. Check the Manitoba Canada forum instead of Mexico forum (international) read back a few pages you will see everyone here has been using a lady named trish she is good. I was the dumb one who used someone else.  also check with people in your own area maybe they have meet and greet meetings like we do here. helps to meet people that have been to mexico for their surgeries.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Amibennett
on 7/12/12 2:11 pm - Washougal, WA
VSG on 06/28/12
I used Dr. Aceves and paid by cashiers check at the hospital. Everything was very organized and his coordinator did a great job of communicating all of the steps both prep and post op.
Sandy S.
on 7/23/12 3:52 pm - Skokie, IL
  I had a sleeve done with Dr. Ponce on July 10, 2012 with Trish as my coordinator.  She is amazing, she goes above and beyond.  With no doubts, I would go with Dr. Ponce.  What I didn't know is he is a teacher of the WLS procedures and the hospital and staff are awesome.mine hotel is charming, and Trish took me site seeing two days, which she didn't have to do.  Here's her contact info...tell her Senada sent you so she knows you are serious.  I am referring all of my friends to her and I felt 100 percent safe in Tijuana...I mention this as safety was a concern of mine.  They pick you up and drop you off at the San Diego airport.  The sleeve cost me $5,500 plus 3% ($5,660 or so) because I used my Visa to pay.  This includes two nights in the hotel, but airfare is extra and you arrange that on your own.  

Good luck!!!

Senada 

Trish M.

Patient coordinator.
Phone:619 207-4114
Cell: (661)886-4617
 www.wls4betterlife.com
Facebook 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views