I have my surgery date!Dr. Lopez and Dr. Osuan =)

leprechaunmomma
on 7/6/12 11:52 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
 I can't believe it! I am booking my flights, my husband is coming. My in laws are taking the kids for the week. Everything is clicking into place.

I feel a little nervous about the whole Tijuana part of this journey. Not going to lie, there has been some family that is horrified by my decision. Heck, I haven't even told some family members they think we are going for a honeymoon 13 years in the making. I suppose at Christmas they might wonder how I am losing weight, as I have never been able to manage anything long lasting before.

So, we fly out on August 26th, surgery the 27th....wow...I have the best coordinator, Ronda. She is making me feel totally comfortable and even when I get gittery on our phone calls she is wonderful.

My daughter is freaked out, she has big ears and had to be brought into our decision. I think that is the hardest part for me so far. Knowing that I
 am doing this for our family, and so I can be a active part of my kids and eventually grandkids lives. 

I talked with my general practitioner the other day, and he has given his blessing for the surgery. Frankly, this was his idea. At 32 and the lifestyle I have I shouldn't be this much momma. My health is really taking a poo kicking. He said I
 should get the sleeve.So that's what I am doing. Sigh, who knew that I really needed to use such an extreme tool to help with this. I am so tired of being defined by my size. 

I have quit a pile of commitments that have kept me from really doing the things I
 have wanted to do for the past several years. Who is this person? I can't believe that I am making a choice for me?! I feel guilty and selfish sometimes, is that normal? Then I feel more ashamed for being this woman who has let her health go for so long that my body is crying for help....sorry for the ramble, I didn't realize how nervous and freaked out I actually am about everything lol...

Well, I just need to thank all the members that have posted their journeys that I have had the priviledge of reading. You are all helping to calm the storms of fear and doubt in my head. I just want this to be over and safely back in Canada so then I can become healthy and begin living!

Sunny 
y

eyeseehot1
on 8/1/12 9:14 am - FL
You have nothing to worry about. Dr. Lopez did my Gastric sleeve on May 14,2012. everything went great. His wife was very knowledable and nice. Since the surgery i have already lost 35 pounds. Im so glad i made the decission. Since then it has been a struggle but threw it all you will be happy. Anything you need to know, just ask? Congratulations on your new you!!!
leprechaunmomma
on 8/1/12 9:46 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 That is SO awesome! Thank you for posting =) How long were on on full clear liquid post op? Did you feel good enough to go back to work shortly after? How is your skin managing with the drastic fast loss? Lol I am a little nervous about that, are you lifting weights? If so, how often? Is your energy increasing?
eyeseehot1
on 8/2/12 10:38 am - FL
Not a problem. I was on a full liquid diet for the first 2 weeks. Then went to a soft food diet for 2 weeks. Time goes fast you will not even know the difference at first. You will aready be use to it because of your pre op diet. The main thing is to take your time and eat slow when you get to that point.
Shamrockjulie
on 9/6/12 8:02 pm
 I am having surgery on the 8th with Dr Lopez. How was the hospital and the hotel? How did they get mere and food to you in the hotel. How many people did you have to tip? Tons of questions. I've been down the road of botched surgery before (failed gastric bypass that was reversed then I had the band) I'm just nervous they I'll get there and there will be a problem. I cashed out my 401k for this so this is it. Any help or guidance u can give is much appreciated.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 230 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 429 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1618 views