Dr Ariel Ortiz?!

920amy
on 10/2/12 6:02 pm
I am interested in any information available about Dr. Ortiz.  I have tried to find info on him online, and I can't find many negative posts.  Part of me is releaved, but part of me wonders since his PR machine is so huge if they are simply scrubbing negative reviews about him?  Also, I read several patients state that he does not do a flouro after the surgery to verify the placement of the band?  Is this true, and if so, how important is the flouro after the surgery anyway?  I am thinking about getting the REALIZE Band.  Any suggestions, pros/cons, welcome!  Thanks!

pineview01
on 10/3/12 9:58 am, edited 10/3/12 10:00 am - Davison, MI
Check out this site that I posted on another thread;

http://www.mexicobariatricsurgeons.com/

" He works out of a surgery center – it is not a hospital."

Some people thought it was an advertisement but if you read there are some negatives written about different surgeons.

Looks like Dr OrtiZ (there are two but, I assume you want the first) is overpriced due to his advertising budget.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/12 2:26 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Please consider Dr. Alvarez or Dr. Aceves. There is also Dr. Kelly and Dr. Fernando Garcia and Dr. Ponce De Leon who I've heard good things about. And please please consider the vertical sleeve surgery. The band requires fills and unfills and often has to be replaced after about 5-7 years (and sometimes sooner). You will have to pay locally for fills and unfills and that costs extra money and it can add up. I've heard of some people paying hundreds of dollars a year for that. With the sleeve surgery you have permanent restriction and you don't have to pay a dime for fills and unfills. Just be smart about it. I wish you all of the best in whatever you decide.
Robbin
on 11/5/12 9:45 am - OK

I used Dr. Ortiz in tj nearly 6 years ago.  The surgery center isn't a "hospital" but it was fully equipped to handle any/all emergencies that could arise.  It was truly the best medical experience I've ever had (had several c-sections,couple minor things).  Clean, wonderful care and was treated like royalty.  I went back for a couple fills, very inexpensive at that time.  The surgery itself was 8 or 8500, would have to go back and look.  Dr. Martinez was the asst and absolutely the BEST!  They did the fluro thing on me after surgery and after each fill.  I have had one fill in Oklahoma so I would guess my expenses total were about 10,000.  I am going back to visit next week actually.  They saved my life!!!  I have lost 165 pounds.  It's much slower that the bypass but that has allowed me to CHANGE my life style not just crash diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 229 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1056 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1615 views