dr alejandro lopez tijuana... questions?????

michipita83
on 11/5/12 8:49 am - FL
Im thinking about going to have my vsg with dr lopez and dr osuna. I have been researching every where about them n ive found all great things about them. But i feel like its too good to be true....anyone have problems with them or anymore info about what happens over there...im not so much afraid just being cautious. I speak spanish so i can always talk to the md but still i feel weird about it...please help!!!!
shanti4758
on 11/5/12 12:33 pm

I just had surgery with him oct 23rd. Everything was top notch. I was very impressed by the doctors, hospital, nurses, hotel and drivers. I went alone and felt very comfortable. My spouse is now going to get sleeved in january by him. I used a lighter me, coordinator janese and found her very helpful. She had the surgery done by lopez herself so was very knowledgable.

tiffaneys
on 11/5/12 8:47 pm - Alpharetta, GA

I have scheduled my surgery with his office on 12/4. I have heard nothing but great things about Dr. Lopez and Dr. Osuna. 

First Lady Tiffaney

"A Whole New World"

michipita83
on 11/5/12 9:48 pm - FL
Me too i want to be sure that he the one cuz everytime i think maybe i should look elsewhere i akways come back to him n his wife. I glad everything went well with the surgery!!!! Do u have pics of the facility n surrounding areas??? I want to show my husband that everything will be alright as he is very skeptical....(he's from mexico himself). Thanks for the info!!!!
ChristinaS9476
on 11/10/12 3:00 pm - Alvaton, KY
RNY on 11/15/12

I'm going to be heading to Puerto Vallarta to have surgery with Dr. Lopez and Osuna on November 15th.  I'll be taking tons of pictures and videos and keeping up as much as I can while I'm there.  I went through alighterme as well and I have been very impressed with both that coordinators and surgeons.

Follow my weight loss journey! 
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristinaS9476?feature=guide    

6penningtons
on 11/12/12 4:38 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

I am scheduled for RNY with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana on 12/13/12, and am also going alone.  Some of the boards I have visited have hateful things about going out of the country, but don't have any sources of stories or fact as to why NOT to go....just their opinions.  Obviously I have done lots of research about doing this, and honestly what I have found shows that their infection and success rates are better than the US.  I am still really nervous, especially going alone, but at the same time, I feel confident in my decision.  Best of luck, and please keep us posted! 

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

michipita83
on 11/12/12 8:38 am - FL

Well I found out today from Ron from Mexico Bariatric Centers that the price is going up to $5000 as of the new year, but there are 2 new Drs. that joined and i heard of them before but i was set on Dr lopez and Dr osuna. The Drs im going with now are Dr Ismael Cabrera and Dr Louisiana Valenzuela. Its a lil disappointing but im still happy its with the same company and hospital. Not sure the exact price but its going to be around the $4500-4700. Its all good cant wait for feb. to come around though!!!!!

mrs007
on 11/11/13 8:47 am

Hi.  I was wondering how everything went with your surgery.  I will be going to Dr. Lopez next week.  I will be going by myself and since I am a widow with 2 children at home I am more than a little nervous.  How did everything go for you.  Any helpful hints would really be appreciated.

6penningtons
on 11/11/13 9:08 pm - MO
DS on 12/12/12

If you want to chat feel free to call me 660-973-5167. I know I really wanted to "talk" to someone before my surgery!

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

diamond512girl
on 8/25/14 1:34 pm

Thanks for the info. How was your surgery and trip to Tijuana. Did you ever feel uncomfortable being there? I am scheduled in 2 weeks and i am getti g nervourse hearing all tgese crime stories. Pleaee help. Thnks

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1056 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1615 views