Officially on the Loser's bench!

Shanda J.
on 2/17/13 6:03 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

I had my surgery on Feb. 11. I was so nervous, but I'm glad that I did it. I'm not going to candy coat it, but the next day after surgery I was sick puked up blood very lots of indigestion. I wondered why I did that to myself, but I was given some medicine and felt much better. Day by day I have gotten better. It was totally worth it!!!! I went to Tijuana and Dr. Verboonen was my Dr. his staff and him were wonderful. I'm on a clear liquid diet for 3 weeks, I felt pretty weak today, but my husband was looking online and ran across liquid protein shots and we bought some. I diluted it with water, and it's not that bad to taste., however the grape was nasty tasting. I'm still  working hard getting my liquids in 1 oz. every 15 min.

If you are considering the Sleeve it is totally worth it. I researched it daily and I'm glad that I did it. I was on the Vertical Sleeve Forum 24/7 litterally..lol

Good Luck!

Shanda

HW (326)  SW (304)  GW (140-150)  CW (257)

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

Kelly-AnneH
on 2/17/13 12:41 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Welcome to the loser's bench!

Ask your husband to look for Isopure protein drinks in glass bottles. They have 40 grams of protein each and I quite liked the raspberry one cut with some water.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

darlynn
on 2/17/13 10:48 pm - Appleton, WI

Congrats!  Glad everything went well and hope you heal quickly!  A couple of nurses where I work used Dr. Verboonen and were very happy with their results! 

Darcy

albertamom
on 2/20/13 10:58 pm

Thank you for sharing!! I am getting my sleeve next week - March 1 - it is good to hear from someone who has had the ups and downs and sharing.... I know this is the right decision for me.. I am ready!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views