Qualifications

Dawn W.
on 12/13/14 11:11 pm

What are the qualifications in Mexico. I assume u need a passport plus motel ect

hollykim
on 12/13/14 11:47 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes,you will need your passport. Most WLS packages cover your hotel,a couple or three broth,jello,Gatorade meals a day while inthe hotel your hospital stay,anesthesia,the surgeons fee. You pay airfare,spending money etc. 

they will send a driver for you at the San Diego airport and send you back to the airport when you return home. 

Dawn W.
on 12/13/14 11:56 pm

How about qualifications for surgery

hollykim
on 12/14/14 12:04 am, edited 12/14/14 12:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

none,really,except general good health. There is no EGD,no sleep test,no 6 month supervised diet. They will ask you to fill out a health questionnaire,usually online,and the surgeon will review it . They will then give you guidelines for booking your flight,payment,and everything else you need to know. 

you do need to. Make sure your PCP is agreeable to covering your care for labs,etc after you return.

Dawn W.
on 12/14/14 12:19 am

Do u know what site I need to look at to ck this out

hollykim
on 12/14/14 12:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you. Need to look at individual surgeons sites. Some of the surgeons who have been used by ppl on OH are Dr. Joya ,Ungson,Ponce de Leon,and there are others. If you read back through the posts on this forum,ppl post ALLL the time about which surgeon they used and their experience. Most surgeons websites have all the info you need . By reading the posts you will begin to get a feel for who you feel most comfortable with and when you speak with. Each onthe phone ,you will be able to make your decision. 

Please be aware,surgery inMX is different than inthe US,not wrong but different. It takes a person who is able to take care of themselves a bit to do medical tourism. 

Chery Taylor
on 1/10/15 8:34 pm

I had surgery with Dr Illian. He has a support group on Facebook its called teamillian. i know he's not the Dr you're questioning about but he was amazing. I was sleeved by him on 12-8-14. Please take some time to look into him and his team. Best decision i ever made. Please contact me directly. here's his teams contact information

[email protected]

Take care Chery

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 248 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 438 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views