Recommended Surgeons in Mexico

GabyStP0126
on 1/12/15 10:53 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hello!

I am scheduled to have my gastric sleeve surgery in April by Dr. Lopez, but I have recently heard some bad reviews about him and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good surgeons in Mexico. I would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks!

KeishaLeigh
on 1/12/15 11:31 am - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I have not had my surgery yet. I have tentatively scheduled it for Feb 24. So i don't have first hand knowledge yet. However,  as I was doing my research a few names kept popping up over and over. Dr Alvarez, Dr Ramos Kelly, and Dr Ungson. I believe any of these doctors would be a great choice.  

I personally went with Dr Alvarez. I went to his website endobariatric.com and liked what I saw. Then I joined his facebook page by the same name. He also has a LOT of question and answer videos as well as surgery videos on youtube. After watching everything i feel very comfortable with my decision. I have contacted his coordinator Susan multiple times with questions and she has been great. She even emailed me back at 9 pm one night.

I would suggest reading reviews about each doctor and then maybe contacting their offices with any questions. 

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/15 6:23 am

You should speak with Rhonda Shuter R.N. *****presents San Javier Hospital in Guadalajara , she is a tremendous Medical Faciltator for 3 Boutique state of the art medical hospitals,her contact info is [email protected] or her office # is 705 293-1500

www.sanjavier.com.mx/en

Bearz
on 1/12/15 9:56 pm

I went through belitewaight.com and I went to warez Mexico. And had the best care and out come. they do a leak test before you go there very clean and very nice staff.

Ladybugsy
on 1/13/15 12:24 am

I'm going with Dr. Kelly.  I've spoken to his coordinator and am currently waiting for my call from Dr. Kelly.  The deciding factor for me was how he tested the pouch by submersing in saline, a pressure test.  Also the sewing up of the staple line.  You will find quite a few supporters of Dr. Kelly here.  I'm looking at the end of Feb for my surgery and I can't wait!

HW 350.  SW 338.  CW 320. 

Month 1, including pre-op: -27 pounds

aapayne13
on 1/14/15 2:44 am

Are you on his Facebook group?  I will be there first week in March.

Ladybugsy
on 1/14/15 2:47 am

Not yet.  I don't have a firm date yet, but I am going to check it out, thanks! :)

HW 350.  SW 338.  CW 320. 

Month 1, including pre-op: -27 pounds

tstowe
on 1/13/15 4:26 am

My wife and I both had surgery with Dr. Wilhelmy at the Mexicali Bariatric Center and we really can't say enough good things about them.

The care, the doctors and nurses, the hospital were all EXCELLENT.

LK85
on 1/14/15 10:10 am
VSG on 12/30/14

I second that!

I'm 15 days post-op, feeling amazing, and down 20 lbs. 

All of the staff at Mexicali Bariatrics and Almater Hospital were incredibly kind, informative, and professional.

debking811
on 3/4/15 5:04 am

I 3rd that...I had VSG almost 6 years again with Dr Aceves at Mexicali Bariatric (unfortunately he passed last June) but I would put my faith ONLY in this center. My whole experience was fabulous. My husband should have listened to me..last Nov he chose to use Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta and has very little luck shedding any weight. It was a total waste and I would not recommend him but please I am a testimonial along with my best friend Pam Sullivan along with 2 others we referred and we all have new lives. We could not be happier and I researched many many Dr's and Mexicali is the absolute best.

Please feel to contact me personally should you desire.  [email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 231 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 430 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1618 views