ANyone have complications from surg in Mexico and get help in the USA?

CElizabeth
on 9/18/16 3:05 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

Hi,

I'd like to get surgery in Mexico, but am concerned about coming back to the USA and not finding anyone to help me if I have a complication.  Did anyone experience this?

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

galaxygrrl
on 9/18/16 10:19 pm

That is a hard one.  Have you talked to you Primary Care Doctor?    I found a Primary Care Doctor who knew about weight loss surgery, but it took a little hunting.  I posted on the boards and FB groups and really did not have much luck, but then, I went to some of the local Baritaic groups and talked to people at the groups and found a local doctor.  Good luck.

Hopingforbetter
on 9/25/16 11:08 am

I had a bad Mexico experience but was able to get care back in states, someone who had surgery at same time hasn't been able to get any care back in states so it seems highly dependent on location etc.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/16 1:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. If you don't mind me asking, who performed your surgery?

jackthedog1a
on 12/12/16 8:48 pm

NO complications from surgery. I had Dr Joya in Mexico in 2003. My only problem is to find someone in the states to do a fill. When I was working, we did each other's fills ( we are nurses)....I have done my own fills before and guess I'll just have to do it again. I haven't had a fill in six years but I can tell the band's resistance is less....I've gained 4 lbs in a year  :(

mbrown101
on 10/6/16 8:40 pm
VSG on 08/26/16 with

I had my surgery done in Mexico due to insurance not covering. I searched Docters all over the web. When I found Dr Guillermo Alvarez in Piedras Negras..I just knew he was my choice. You can see his site at Endobariatric.com I was so ready I really wasn't nervous at all. My sister drove with me to San Antionio Tx where you are then picked up and everything is handled, no worries...it really felt more like a vacation. My sister was so impressed with Dr A and team that now she has decided to go too. Also about finding a Dr if something were to go wrong..Dr A takes pride in his craft, he does not treat u like a number. He will answer any questions you have an stands by his work. I had the sleeve so there's no fills or really check ups needed unless u felt something was wrong..I'm less than 2 mo out and I feel great. ? Best of luck 

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/17 9:11 am
VSG on 03/11/17

I had it done in Mexico and couldnt find helpin the US very well. 5-6 docotrs said no before 1 finally helped me. I'm still going through the leak process and its horrible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 249 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 440 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views