Is Mexicali Bariatric Center Worth the Money?

LindaDan
on 1/13/17 10:44 pm - Delia, AB

I am looking at getting bypass.  Comparing Doctors and prices.  The price at Mexicali quoted at $9500 compared to in Tijuana $5799.  That is a big difference.  Can anyone tell why?  I must be missing something.
In Tijuana, you stay at hospital then at a hotel to recover is that correct? I am thinking might be a bonus staying at hotel with nicer beds compared to hospital beds!!  Get a better rest.  Or do you feel put there and ignored?
Any doctor to recommend for bypass?
In Tijuana, do they do leak tests after surgery?
Does anyone know how many surgeries a day do these doctors do?
If anyone would like to give me personal advice here is my email  [email protected] would love to here from you

hollykim
on 1/16/17 11:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 14, 2017 at 6:44 AM Pacific Time, LindaDan wrote:

I am looking at getting bypass.  Comparing Doctors and prices.  The price at Mexicali quoted at $9500 compared to in Tijuana $5799.  That is a big difference.  Can anyone tell why?  I must be missing something.
In Tijuana, you stay at hospital then at a hotel to recover is that correct? I am thinking might be a bonus staying at hotel with nicer beds compared to hospital beds!!  Get a better rest.  Or do you feel put there and ignored?
Any doctor to recommend for bypass?
In Tijuana, do they do leak tests after surgery?
Does anyone know how many surgeries a day do these doctors do?
If anyone would like to give me personal advice here is my email  [email protected] would love to here from you

yes, it is. Having had wls experience at two other facilities and two other surgeons, Mexicalli was by far the best experience.

LindaDan
on 1/16/17 7:06 pm - Delia, AB

Thank you.  Can you tell me why Mexicali was your best experience.  I am sorry it took you 3 tries to give you want you wanted.  Which doctor did you have and what procedure?

I seem to get a better vibe from them which is strange when its only thru emails--haha.  I guess I just need to justify in my own mind the price.

hollykim
on 1/16/17 8:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 17, 2017 at 3:06 AM Pacific Time, LindaDan wrote:

Thank you.  Can you tell me why Mexicali was your best experience.  I am sorry it took you 3 tries to give you want you wanted.  Which doctor did you have and what procedure?

I seem to get a better vibe from them which is strange when its only thru emails--haha.  I guess I just need to justify in my own mind the price.

I had a VSG first in Tijuanawith dr almanza. It was fine but pretty low key.i went to Tijuana again and asked for a dS with dr ponce de Leon but he gave me a Sadi instead. I wanted the conversion to dS because even after being very well on plan, I couldn't lose any more weight after a few years.

i began having bile reflux after the Sadi and that is when a scope revealed it was a Sadi and not a true DS.

i went to Mexicalli to have the Sadi revised to a correct dS and I felt like I could trust them best to do the job.

I was not disappointed. That experience was most like what I have experienced in us hospitals for surgery.

if you have the money, use Mexicalli to begin with.you won't be sorry

LindaDan
on 1/16/17 8:58 pm - Delia, AB

Glad to hear it has finally worked out for you.  I am 99.9% sure that is where I will be going.  Which doctor did your surgery?

hollykim
on 1/17/17 8:54 am, edited 1/17/17 12:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 17, 2017 at 4:58 AM Pacific Time, LindaDan wrote:

Glad to hear it has finally worked out for you.  I am 99.9% sure that is where I will be going.  Which doctor did your surgery?

dr ungson did mine but he is no longer there. I would feel safe with any of the other surgeons.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 2:32 pm
VSG on 02/15/17

I just had a sleeve done last weds by Dr Wilhelmy at the Mexicali hospital Almater. I have several friends that went there all gave rave reviews and I agree with them so far. It was much more comforting to have nurses at all times. The facility was wonderful. I had trouble with gas pains, they were right there. I never had blood pressure issues but my pressure was high the first few days and being in a hospital situation was the best place. Very clean facility. Dr Campos was another Dr with the group and he stopped in several times a day to check on me. Mexicali also isn't as crime ridden as Tijuiana either. Glad I chose. Spend the extra money!!

jshereetaylor
on 4/18/17 7:42 am
Revision on 04/22/17

I am headed there this Friday. I am using Dr Esquerra and having a revision from VSG to DS. Wish me luck!

SiWe
on 7/11/17 7:00 pm

Did you have your surgery already? I am searching for a good doctor/hospital to have a band to bypass revision done. My insurance company is denying the removal of the band so I am stuck with an unusable device.

What is the process at this Mexicali Bariatric Center? One hospital in Tijuana picks up people in California and takes them to the hospital. Do I need to get a hotel room for before and after or will I stay in a hospital room. Where will my husband stay? What tests are done before and after? Do they check for leaks? Is the communication with the staff and doctor good?

Thank you, I appreciate any info.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 248 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 438 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1058 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views