Recent experiences with Dr. Illan?

Breakfree82
on 4/28/17 2:20 pm

Looking to book with Dr. Illan in the fall. Really like him so far and everything I have read about him, but not loving the coordinator that much or Alex, the owner of Bariatric Pal MX. Looking for recent reviews. Thanks!

MarinaGirl
on 4/29/17 12:05 pm

On that other site, the owner of the site would censure any mention of the 2 Tijuana-based surgeons that are members of the ASMBS (Dr. Ramos Kelly & Dr. Ariel Ortiz); instead, only mentions of Dr. Illian were allowed in that thread. Not good, imo. So I would encourage you to do thorough research on each surgeon, don't ignore concerns you may have, and don't make price the key factor in your final decision. For me, working with a WLS team that does less than 5 surgeries a day was important as I didn't want assembly line surgery.

Feeback2health4me
on 5/12/17 11:27 pm

That is simply not true. I have been a member of that site for almost two years, and have been on the forum of Mexico Surgeries for months. There is no censure on other surgeons on that site. Both of the doctors you mentioned have been talked about plenty of times. Also, just for accurate information, Dr. Illan only does four surgeries a day, if that many. I did my research on him before choosing him. And I made one of the best choices in my life. Not only is he a wonderful surgeon, the hospital doctors, nurses, and staff were attentive and caring. The BariatricPal Team MX valets made sure you and your companion were taken care of, and helped to make the experience like being on a mini vacation.

MarinaGirl
on 5/14/17 5:49 am

You are wrong. I had posts deleted multiple times where I mentioned my surgeon's name and Alex even commented in one thread that he wouldn't allow it. As well, whenever I had my surgeon's name added to my profile it was deleted as were any reviews I wrote about him. So your statement "that is simply not true" is incorrect.

Feeback2health4me
on 5/12/17 11:19 pm

I had mini gastric bypass with Dr. Illan and have had no complications. I am almost 5 1/2 months post op and have lost almost 70 lbs. He is a wonderful doctor. He has great bedside manner. He cares about his patients and is one of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico.

sleepycrna
on 1/26/18 1:02 pm - memphis, TN

I'm looking in to a mini gastric bypass with Dr. Illan and I can't seem to get much feedback. How are you doing now? Weight loss to date? Did you have the sleeve previously and if so what was your starting weight before the bypass? Sorry for all the question :)

kmmschaefer
on 5/30/17 4:27 pm

He was at the top of my list until I looked at the Mexico Board Certified Bariatric Surgeon list and his name or hospital isn't on there. Kind of bums me out. It says he is board certified on his site but I cannot verify it. Unless I am missing something?

Breakfree82
on 6/22/17 11:09 am
On May 30, 2017 at 11:27 PM Pacific Time, kmmschaefer wrote:

He was at the top of my list until I looked at the Mexico Board Certified Bariatric Surgeon list and his name or hospital isn't on there. Kind of bums me out. It says he is board certified on his site but I cannot verify it. Unless I am missing something?

That's the problem I am running into...lots of things on the site that you can verify that turn out to be untrue. I don't understand the point of lying on a website when it can be verified to be untrue. Bill and Alex have not impressed me and I read on another forum that there were some sexual assault allegations with Omar.

StacysSleevedLife
on 12/11/18 9:05 am

Hello,

Lets clear some things up.

Dr. Illan is a certified bariatric surgeon.

Dr. Illan is also a member of the ASMBS.

Bariatricpal Hospital is a full-scale hospital and has a license with the State of Baja California, Mexico.

The only way you can work at this hospital or go into an OR is if you have a current license with your listed specialty.

Dr. Illan disassociated himself with Omar 3 years ago and has been only working with Bariatricpal.

Dr. Illan is the Medical Director of the hospital which has 18 beds & 2 OR's.

Do your research before believing others pushing doctors or groups including myself.

Ask questions and make sure that those responding including myself have nothing to gain or that they are a real person.

I have had 2 rounds Of WLS and will be doing my 4th round of plastics by February of 2019 (or this is my dream have to save money). $th round will be with Dr. Mariales for leg sculpting he is amazing :)

Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg 

globaljuju
on 6/22/17 10:25 am
VSG on 12/20/13

Dr. Illan is an amazing surgeon, and he also works as a trauma surgeon at local hospitals. He did my VSG in Dec, 2014. The level of care was phenomenal. He came to my hotel room at 10 o'clock at night to make sure I was ready for the journey home the next day. They look after you every step of the way. I'm not too sure about his new coordinator - Bill Yanez - however. He doesn't seem to be that great at communicating. I was fortunate enough to have Omar as my coordinator.

I don't think Dr. Illan is big into the DS, though. I wouldn't see him for that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views