Revision from Sleeve to Mini-Bypass...

Amber_______
on 1/9/18 9:13 am

Hi!! I'm considering Dr. Jesús Enrique Grimaldi at Affordable WLS in Tijuana for my revision surgery. I've been trying to find something here about him to no avail...Has anyone here worked with him or heard anything about him? Can you recommend anyone else for the Mini-Bypass surgery? Thank you

hollykim
on 1/11/18 8:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 9, 2018 at 5:13 PM Pacific Time, Amber_______ wrote:

Hi!! I'm considering Dr. Jesús Enrique Grimaldi at Affordable WLS in Tijuana for my revision surgery. I've been trying to find something here about him to no avail...Has anyone here worked with him or heard anything about him? Can you recommend anyone else for the Mini-Bypass surgery? Thank you

after 3 wls in Mexico,with three surgeons,the only group I recommend is Mexicali Bariatrics. Good luck.

Amber_______
on 1/11/18 8:56 am

They weren't a good match for me.

hollykim
on 1/30/18 6:26 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 30, 2018 at 6:25 AM Pacific Time, VV wrote:

How is it that you came to have 3 surgeries? Did the first 2 not work?? Gosh, I hope to have one surgery period. How do I avoid 3?

I had the sleeve first and it worked great. When trying to lose the last 50 pounds I needed to lost , I could not lost it not even being 95% on plan. I decided to convert to the DS which is actually the second part of the sleeve surgery.

That was number two surgery. Except the surgeon didn't give me a true sleeve. He gave me a hybrid surgery called a SADI or a SIPPS. It gave me side effects I couldldnt live with so I went back to a different surgeon to have that one revised to the correct one. Getting the correct one was number three.

sjenks9971
on 2/8/18 6:51 am - Canada

Hi Holly,

I saw that you have had 3 surgeries. Would share your doctors with me by chance? I too will be going for a third time to have surgery because of an inadequate surgery that was performed on me. I'm looking into surgeons now and just want someone I can trust. This has taken a huge toll on me. Thank you.

Sara

hollykim
on 2/8/18 6:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 8, 2018 at 2:51 PM Pacific Time, sjenks9971 wrote:

Hi Holly,

I saw that you have had 3 surgeries. Would share your doctors with me by chance? I too will be going for a third time to have surgery because of an inadequate surgery that was performed on me. I'm looking into surgeons now and just want someone I can trust. This has taken a huge toll on me. Thank you.

Sara

I used dr almanza first and he is an excellent surgeon but the support staff let something to be desired.

Dr Ponce de Leon gave me the SADI I didnt ask for, avoid him at all costs.

I used Dr Ungspn st Mexicali Bariatrics for my revision. He is no longer there but all the surgeons are excellent.

Mexicslli is now the only group I recommend and especially if it is a revision.

They stecworth the extra money, hands down.

hollykim
on 1/30/18 6:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 30, 2018 at 6:23 AM Pacific Time, VV wrote:

May I ask why you have your heart set on Grimaldi from Affordable? Just curious. FWIW, I just had a consultation with Dr. Pompa also in TJ. She said she does a lot of revisions and fixes a lot of other doctors work so she might be worth a consult. Her scheduling service Destination Medic. She offer free consultations and maybe you could win her giveaway surgery.

be careful with pompa. She is know, by, X-ray evidence , to give hour glass shaped sleeves which is bad.

Amber_______
on 1/30/18 11:28 am
Amber_______
on 1/30/18 11:31 am

I haven't heard good things about her. I now know a few people that went to Dr. Grimaldi ( didn't know them when I originally did this post) I'm confident with my choice.

Amber_______
on 1/30/18 5:25 pm

I'm not getting a sleeve so I don't know.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views