RNY in Mexico

BenBen
on 2/26/18 11:38 pm

Did you have RNY bypass in Mexico? Due to my insurance not covering the surgery stateside, I've been researching Mexico. I'm interested in RNY, not the sleeve, as it's the gold standard. I'd love to get some recommendations for doctors who actually DO perform RNY. Seems most only perform the sleeve. After my research, I did reach out to one doctor, who I won't name but who comes highly recommended, and was told that I was too fat for RNY and that I needed the sleeve. I'm 5'6" and 305 lb. Seems sketchy to me. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

hollykim
on 2/27/18 6:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 27, 2018 at 7:38 AM Pacific Time, BenBen wrote:

Did you have RNY bypass in Mexico? Due to my insurance not covering the surgery stateside, I've been researching Mexico. I'm interested in RNY, not the sleeve, as it's the gold standard. I'd love to get some recommendations for doctors who actually DO perform RNY. Seems most only perform the sleeve. After my research, I did reach out to one doctor, who I won't name but who comes highly recommended, and was told that I was too fat for RNY and that I needed the sleeve. I'm 5'6" and 305 lb. Seems sketchy to me. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

the only group in MX that I recommend is Mexicali Bariatrics.

You are not too fat for the bypass. You just talked to a surgeon who only wants to do sleeves.

BenBen
on 2/27/18 8:49 am

Thanks HollyKim, That's pretty much what I figured, but it was still shocking to get an email response that said that. I have reached out to Mexicali Bariatrics, so hopefully I'll hear back from them. I appreciate the response. :)

vickinicole
on 3/11/18 4:39 pm - Bryan, TX

Dr. Amando Joya does RNY in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

~_~
Vicki
My weight loss blog: www.vickionline.com

MarinaGirl
on 3/12/18 4:51 pm, edited 6/18/18 1:02 am

I've also heard Mexicali Bariatric Center is top notch.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views