Scheduled for July 9th With Dr Alvarez @ Endobariatic

taprackready
on 6/7/18 2:42 pm
VSG on 07/09/18 with

So I bit the bullet and scheduled for July 9th. Which is actually going to be my 32nd birthday. My deposit is done, flights are booked. Everyone involved so far has been very pleasant and helpful. Susan sent me all the information already and Brandi also sent a few emails and added me to their support group on Facebook. So far I don't have a single complaint about anything. Any questions I had were answered in a timely manor and I don't feel like I am going into this blind.

I officially excited. Im not scared, I'm not nervous. I feel like I've researched enough into all of this to where I am very optimistic about the experience.

My pre-op diet "starts" June 18th, but I've already jumped partially on it to better get myself in the correct mindset.

I've also started following Dr A on all his social media accounts. I brought that up to someone recently and got the "really?, snapchat?" like it was a negative thing. I feel like Dr. A is ahead of the curve and knows the world revolved around social media now. So hes got himself out there. He posts daily on instagram, snapchat, facebook and it's actually pretty cool. A lot of information just presented to you.

I really can't wait for the day to come.

MTBBW
on 6/12/18 1:59 pm
VSG on 04/30/19

So jealous of your ability to be scheduled so quickly! I have my deposit in for Dr A, but will not be able to have it fully paid for until the next year, so I am not scheduled until the end of April 2019. Looking forward to following your progress, and wishing you the best of luck!

emily652
on 6/13/18 10:24 am - denham springs, LA
RNY on 06/22/18 with

Congrats and good luck :) I am scheduled for my revision to RNY with him next Friday 06/22! I'm just READY. Everyone has been great and I'll keep you updated of how thing go once I make the trip. Best of luck on your journey!

Emily

HW 263 5' 7." age 45 08/09 VSG Revision to RNY 06/18

LoseBig
on 6/29/18 7:33 am
VSG on 08/09/18

I am interested to see how your surgery and experience went with Dr. Alvarez? I am currently scheduled for a VSG on 8/29 with him but I have yet to put my deposit down. I am starting to have second thoughts about going south of the border for the surgery.

emily652
on 6/29/18 9:11 am - denham springs, LA
RNY on 06/22/18 with

My surgery was a week ago today. Came home Tuesday evening and doing good, just sore. I cant say enough GOOD things about Dr Lopez at ALO. My entire experience in Tijuana was AWESOME!!! Staff, facilities, the Marriot and best of all our personal driver were top notch, literally can't tell you one back thing about the entire experience. Best of luck to you :)

emily652
on 6/29/18 9:11 am - denham springs, LA
RNY on 06/22/18 with

ignore my TICKER I can't seem to correct it !!! LOL

taprackready
on 7/24/18 3:28 pm
VSG on 07/09/18 with

GO! I have no regrets. Rosy is awesome who picks you up in San Antonio or eagle pass.

As as I just posted on the last reply. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever had to do. I've lost 50 lbs since June 18th. I'm 13 days post op. I never felt like I had surgery. I felt the insicisons a few days but that's it. Yo may have serious nausea the day of, I did. I just wanted to throw up the entire day but after that everything was a breeze. The staff is awesome, and Dr A is amazing.

Jd recommend him him to anyone.

As fornthe stigma of south of the boarder. The hospital is literally less than a mile from the boarder. It looks like someone took a multi million dollar facility and planted it there. It doesn't fit in but it the cleanest hospital I've ever been in and nicest staff I've ever dealt with. Everyone speaks English (maybe the cleaning lady didn't). The night before surgery you'll be at a hotel a few miles into Mexico where the main people in the lobby speak English but no one else. And the surrounding restaurants are hit/miss with English speaking (if you bring someone with you. They'd obviously have to eat.

When theyre with you in the hospital, you can ask the staff and they'll have someone go get them food but there also is a cafeteria.

Again GO!! It will be the best decision you ever make.

ErinBird
on 7/29/18 9:09 pm
VSG on 05/30/18

Second thoughts are of course natural! I think we all got a little nervous about going to another country for surgery. Dr. A is wonderful! The facility is state of the art and the care is like nothing I've received in the US. Everything is taken care of, concerns are addresses and he is wonderful! Seriously, do this! I had surgery May 30th. Once you get there and you meet the staff, the surgeons and everyone connected to Endo, you'll feel completely at ease. They have it down but you will NEVER feel like a number. The facility is brand new and this is all they do!

MTBBW
on 7/24/18 1:06 pm
VSG on 04/30/19

Hey!

Just checking in with you! How did it go? How are you feeling? Is there anything you wish you would have known before hand with Dr A?

taprackready
on 7/24/18 3:20 pm, edited 7/24/18 8:30 am
VSG on 07/09/18 with

I?m doing amazing. It was overall the easiest thing I?ve ever had to do and 'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I?ve lost 50lbs since I started the liquid pre-op diet. I?m 13 days post op and never felt anything other than the insicions.

I cant begin to say how amazing Dr A is and the entire staff. I never felt nervous. I never felt any kind of serious pain. Flying home was a breeze. I?d recommend him to ANYONE who asks. The entire process goes so smooth.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views