Mini Gastric Bypass Options in Mexico

FriendlyFace
on 6/9/18 12:07 pm

Hello I'm researching the best options for having Mini Gastric Bypass done in Mexico. I'm not finding many people who have done this procedure. I wanted to do my due diligence and reach out to people who have had this procedure done with a doctor in Mexico. Would someone out there please be kind enough to give me your recommendations and thoughts about your overall experience and satisfaction with a facility, doctors and the procedure?

The current frontrunner is Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villarreal with BeLiteWeight in Juarez Mexico. Are there any other highly recommended places? Does anyone have a negative experience with this doctor and facility?

Here are a few important questions I had that would be very helpful to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How long ago did you receive your surgery? What was your hight and weight before surgery and how much weight have you lost so far? Did you have any complications? How was after surgery care immediately after your surgery? How long did you have to recover before returning to work and normal daily activities? Is there anything you wish you knew before you had your surgery? Do you have any negative experiences with the staff or lifestyle changes leading up to or after your surgery? What was life like adjusting after surgery? Do you have any uses with acid reflux after your surgery? Is stomach grumbling or noises in in your stomach or intestines an issue in general? (this is important especially because it matters for the kind of work I do) It's my understanding that soft stool and diarrhea are common after surgery. Does this go away over time? Is there anything else you can share with me from your experience that you feel would be important for me to know? Are there any resources that helped you out the most before and/or after your surgery? Thank you so very much for your time! I hope to hear back from a few of you. Have a wonderful day!
marieconerly
on 6/12/18 12:30 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 07/19/18

I am scheduled to have the procedure done in July and very nervous about it. I can't find much online about what to expect . I will let you know how I am doing and hopefully answer your questions on July 24 when I return home. Wish me luck..

FriendlyFace
on 6/26/18 1:32 pm

I hope it all goes well! Yes, Please keep me posted on your experience. *Big hugs!*

FriendlyFace
on 8/15/18 7:11 pm

How did it all go? Hope you're doing well!

MarinaGirl
on 6/18/18 7:51 am, edited 6/18/18 12:51 am

I had Mini Gastric Bypass surgery in Tijuana in April 2017. It went well; I lost all of my excess weight and my acid reflux resolved, BUT I developed bile reflux 8 months post-op. This does not happen to everyone; however, due to this complication, I am in the process of getting my MGB revised to RNY in the U.S. in the very near future. YMMV

ngeorge
on 6/27/18 9:05 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 01/30/18

I had Mini Gastric Bypass done in Tijuana by Dr. Louisa Valenzuela on January 30, 2018. 5 months later I've lost 87 pounds and couldn't be happier with it. I originally planned to have the full Gastric Bypass done, but after speaking to the doctor, I decided on the Mini. No complications at all. It is major surgery, and there is a recovery period of about a month or a little longer where you're moving slower, and adjusting. I never had acid reflux at all. I did have diarrhea for a couple of weeks after the surgery but that was it. There are life changes......I thought it would be difficult not to be able to eat all of the foods I craved before. That hasn't been a problem. For the most part I don't even want them anymore. The changes you have to get used to is making sure to stay on track with your supplements. Kind of a pain at first, but after awhile you just get used to it and it's just part of what you do. When you do miss any of them, you feel it the next day or two, so that's important. I will tell you that I put it off for two years because of apprehension about whether I really wanted to do it or not. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. It's been a great ride, and I couldn't be happier with it. I hope it works out for you as well as it has for me.

Nathan

Nvr2Old
on 8/12/18 8:47 pm

Did you find anyone to do the MGB in Mexico? I am currently searching as well. I agree with you regarding Dr. Rodriquez. I like that he is both certified by the American Bariatric Society and by the Mexico College for Bariatric Surgery. Whoever you go with, you want to make sure they are certified. You can search the following websites http://cmcoem.info and https://asmbs.org for registered members.

FriendlyFace
on 8/15/18 7:16 pm

I've decided on going with Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villarreal. After much research and reaching out to 20 of his former patients as well, I felt comfortable with moving forward with him. My surgery date is scheduled for 8/28! Nervous and excited but I know it's the right move for me. After speaking to many people, the common response was wishing they had done it sooner. I'm crossing my fingers!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 225 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 426 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1053 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1612 views