Dr. Alvarez in Mexico

colodoeeyes99
on 10/16/18 6:37 am
VSG on 02/19/19

I have my surgery scheduled for Feb 2019 with Dr. Alvarez. I am looking at reviews and some are pretty bad and alot are great. Has anyone on Here used him or his clinic?

Kathy S.
on 12/13/18 8:54 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Ladies,

We encourage members to share their personal experience with their surgeon good or bad.

Here is the link to his profile reviews here. Let me know if you need anything else to help make your choice.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gu illermo-alvarez/reviews

Guillermo Alvarez

Endohospital
Piedras Negras
Phone: 866-697-5338

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

DillmanTx
on 12/13/18 8:12 am

I'm looking into a surgery with Dr A as well, however I haven't seen any bad reviews! Can you share what you've read?? I have only seen good information. I've spoke with Susan at his office and she is beyond awesome!!!

E. Grant
on 12/29/18 4:46 am
VSG on 02/28/18

I live in Texas close to the Louisiana border . I have BCBS which does cover VSG . Over three years I met with two doctors in Texas and just was not impressed/confident to choose either one. I also did a good bit of reading reviews etc.. to locate any U.S. doctor . I was determined to not "take the chance" of going to Mexico for VSG . During a discussion with my primary care physician , he informed me that he currently had several patients who had undergone VSG in Mexico . He stated his patients had utilized one of two doctors , Dr. Alvarez ( crossing at Eagle Pass Texas ) or a doctor in Tijuana Mexico ( I think Ortise was his last name ). My doctor informed me he did not personally know either of the two bariatric surgeon's , but he did let me know each of his patients were healthy , doing great and basically he spoke positive of the results he witnessed . In no way was he "referring" me to either doctor and he even stressed he really could not and would not tell me its best to go to Mexico VS having the VSG in the United States. My doctor just told me the basic truth , " the patients he has witnessed getting the VSG in Mexico were doing great and were healthier " ( reminder that he only had patients who used one of these two mentioned doctors ). Well once I stopped putting off any form of weight loss surgery , I chose Dr. Alvarez . Im 45 years old . Weighed 195 lbs when I was twenty , and was at 385 lbs at 44 years of age . I was freaking miserable lol ... I benefit nothing from speaking the truth of my VSG other than helping another get over the fear of VSG and gain the benefits of being able to live again .....instead of just "existing" . I had my VSG by Dr. Alvarez 02/28/2018 , as of a couple months ago I had lost a 100 lbs. ( weighed 290 lbs. at my doctors office in Texas ) . I highly recommend DR. Alvarez . He has a great team and his own newly built facility . My VSG has done very well with no issues , no nausea or pain ... I just eat much smaller portions constantly throughout the day ( appr. every 45 minutes ). I can eat steak , salads , shrimp etc. A meal at a restaurant will usually make me 4 or 5 meals . I do not suffer from hunger pains/cravings at all. Regardless of which DR. you choose , get the VSG . You will get your life back . .....and I do not exercise at all .... I have just become way more energetic and active .... and im still dropping pounds , from a tight 4X T-shirt to currently a loose 2X shirt. DR. Alvarez and his team are safe and friendly . I have no regrets paying for VSG in Mexico VS my health insurance paying for it here in the U.S. .

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1055 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1615 views