I am afraid to go out of the country

LORILARSEN
on 6/6/03 3:58 am - McFarland, WI
OUt of the country hospitals are always portrayed as so risky? Is this true?
doglover
on 6/6/03 9:50 am - Glendale, Az
Lori, I have been communicating with Dr. Aguirre. I am afraid too, but I cannot wait for 3 years to hve this done. After reading Latrisha's testimony and others that show on Dr. Aguirres view, I feel sure that this is correct decision for me.
Cecile C.
on 6/6/03 7:09 pm - Vallejo, ca
No way, I recieved better care in Tiiajuana then at Kaiser, and I work for Kaiser. The Drs. there really give it there best and make sure you get the best care because they know that there is that misconception of Mexico. cecile
tigger15022
on 6/7/03 8:30 pm - Columbus, OH
I know exactly how you feel. I live in Pennsylvania. I am uninsured and I found Dr Aguirre thanks to this website and some people on this site. I will be travelling to Mexico in September. And I would travel anywhere as long as the dr is good and safe. And I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I hope you get over being scared. You are in my thoughts. And good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/03 5:42 am - TX
Dr. Aguirre performed my procedure on May 5, 2003. He and his staff and wonderful. My care was absolutely amazing. As soon as I rang for assistance, the nurse was at my side. I never once had to ring twice or wait more than 30 seconds. Dr. Aguirre only has up to 2 patients in the hospital at a time and his nurses are paid by him to be specifically for his patients so you will have one-on-one or two-on-one care at all times. This is very different from American hospitals! There was no language barrier. The words I didn't know in Spanish, the nurses or doctors taught me and believe them, they understand what you are going through and they know the words in English to find out what you are experiencing. The hospital is not like a big American hospital. It's more like a small clinic hospital but it was sufficient and clean and I was very happy with my accommodations. I would go again in a heartbeat! I love these people. They changed my life and they were kind and loving and caring about helping me. If you have questions, email me.
John E.
on 6/14/03 8:53 am - San Francisco, CA
I put another post in today regarding surgery in Argentina. My specific experience is with plastic surgery following weight loss. However, my research translates to bariatric surgery. I am investigating bariatric surgery and after my experience in Buenos Aires, I will definitley have it done in Argentina. I looked at all Central and South American counties and some have comparable health care to the US. Argentina closely follows the US model for regulation and licensing. I believe they use the same AMA. Additionally, US hospitals are now under funded and insurance companies heavily influence the care you will receive. You will receive longer and better post op care out of the US. If you are concerned, you can find a surgeon trained and licensed in the US. Either way, you will want to consider your confidence in the medical treatment you will receive. Even if the best MD is out of the US, it is critical that you be as comfortable as possible.
gman02
on 4/30/10 9:11 am
WIFE HAD GASTRIC BYPASS IN TIJUANNS 3/1/10 EVERYBODY WAS FREAKED ABOUT US GOING TO Mexico ,kinda scary But GOD gave us Peace & all went smooth with Dr Pompa in TJ  It went real smooth they were up to date & clean 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1023 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views