PS IN MEXICO

jomu
on 7/18/03 2:41 am - San Diego, CA
I had thighs behind and hips done in Ensenada 3 weeks ago with Dr. Francois Govin- he is wonderful, and the Clinic he uses is very clean and served by caring, attentive nurses. I have to comment here about the complications I had, not because of the doctor's work but because of the mechanical failure of some sutures and the uncaring atitude of my stateside PCP. I have broken sutures in my ecessively thin skin- healing delayed because of my malabsorption issues-not possible to eat enough protein- and infections- yeast under panni that spread toincisions and in the open wounds- i asked for help. since my Mexican Doctor's prescriptions ran out and I was in pain and woried about my infections and needing more antibiotics- I was coldly told to go back to mexico and let my PS surgeon treat me- they were not willing to even see me, much less help me lean wounds or replace broken stitches- (I have a gaping hole in one buttock as a result) Fortunately, my PS is a wonderful doctor, and he is going to see me on saturday. I would reccommend him to anyone- just wnmated this cationary tale to remind folks who can't just skip across the border lightly to be aware that unless your PCP is supportive and willing to do followup as needed, you may find yourself in real difficulty waiting to go back and be treated by your Mexican Dr, whose prescriptions are not honored up here. Jo
Shelly S.
on 8/2/03 4:09 pm - St. Maries, ID
Jo, I'm so sorry to hear that! OMG - what a callus _ass hole! Somebody should have let you know somewhere along the line that you should ALWAYS make plans ahead of time with a local doctor and/or surgeon to see you post-op for follow-up care, not just in case of trouble but for removal of drains, etc. I didn't use the same surgeon as you but went south of the border from northern Idaho. There was no way I was going to be able to just fly back and forth for drain and stitches removal, followup, or if I had trouble. I hope your story reminds others how important it is to plan things out and make arrangements ahead of time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 250 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 441 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1624 views