Anyone use a doctor in Mexico and what was your experience??

Sheryl P.
on 8/22/03 12:34 pm - Los Gatos, ca
What has been your experience with Drs. in Mexico? I am considering going to a Dr.Javier De La Garza just outside of McAllen, Texas in the town of Reynosa, Mexico. Has anyone used this Dr? When I think of going to Mexico, I think of substandard medical care and poor hospital facilities. I am a little nervous about going out of the country.
tipper77
on 8/22/03 9:04 pm - Frisco, TX
Sheryl, I do not know anything about the Dr. you mentioned. There are many people on this site who are going to Dr. Aguirre in Ensenad Mexico. You can visit his web site here: http://www.derivaciongastrica.com/english/index.html. You can also read his patients forum here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/index.phtml?ID=A-1045621205. I am having my surgery with Dr. A on 12/5. If you visit the forum you will get alot of great information. Dr. A's email address is: [email protected]. Email me anytime if you have any questions I can help with. Good luck!!
seanmama B.
on 8/31/03 7:41 am - allen, TX
Sheryl, check out mexicanbandsters group at yahoo.com. You are going to be amazed. Just go to yahoo.com and search for "mexicanbandsters". Another great place is lapbandforum.com. Both of these sites focus on lap band, but you will certainly get an excellent feel for what happens in Mexico. I was just denied by my insurance and believe me the Mexico option is lookin' good!
seanmama B.
on 8/31/03 8:25 am - allen, TX
Sheryl, sorry it is LapBandTalk.com Lots of opinions on Mexico on this website.
Jerry P.
on 9/12/03 3:43 am
Hi Sheryl - I am 2 weeks post-op. I used Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada, Mexico. He is quickly gaining alot of exposure through this website. I had excellent care and and am very happy with my results. I would do it again in a heartbeat. If I had a million dollars in the bank I would go to him all over again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views