A sales pitch?

Amy K.
on 8/30/03 7:51 pm - Memphis, TN
Hi everyone, I am in the process of researching the Mexican doctors for lapband surgery. After filing out the contact forms, I usually hear back from some of the doctor's patient representatives. I am a little concerned with some of the contact I have had with them. It really sounds more like a sales pitch sometimes than what it should be. Are these folks working on commission? I want to make sure I am making the right and most safe decision, rather than someone leading me down a wrong path just to pocket some extra cash. I may be wrong, but it seems this way sometimes. Has anyone had an experience like this? Is there anyone that can be recommended to me, based on your experience (if you have already had the surgery)? This means you got there and found everything was just how it was explained to you on the phone. Also, was the price quoted the same as when you got there or were extra charges added? Thanks everyone and good luck to all of you! Amy
tipper77
on 8/30/03 11:44 pm - Frisco, TX
Amy, I don't know what you are referring to, but I can tell you about my experience. You should visit Dr. Aguirre's patient forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/index.phtml?ID=A-1045621205 This is where I found Dr. Aguirre. I talked to a few of his post op patients and read member profiles. Then I emailed Dr. Aguirre with my "story" and asked him questions about the services he offers. He responded immediately and eventually I scheduled my surgery with him. I believe the personal accounts you will read from Dr. Aguirre's patients are honest depictions of each persons experience. I don't believe anyone is getting a kick back, I don't believe Dr. Aguirre works that way. I have not heard anyone say that there was a problem with the pricing once they got to Ensenada. Dr. Aguirre will clearly tell you the requirements prior to your arrival. I hope this helps you!!
seanmama B.
on 8/31/03 8:23 am - allen, TX
Amy, I gave you the wrong web adress- go to LapBandTalk.com A great site with tons of info.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 248 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 438 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1058 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views