First post; new to group...hello everyone

Christy M.
on 9/19/03 5:01 am - Mojave, CA
Hello. My name is Christy and I live in Southern CA in Mojave (near Lancaster) in the high desert on 20 acres. I have just weighed in for the first time in a long time of knowing that I am gaining weight, and was horrified by my increased BMI. I have a very kind fiancee' (who has never been fat and can't keep weight on) who doesn't care what I weigh, just as long as I am happy...well, I'm not! I am new to this group, and some other Yahoogroups.com mailing lists. I have been lurking here for about two weeks or so. I am interested in having surgery in Mexico, as I would be "self-pay" and have been to TJ many times to buy veterinary medicine for my dog rescue, so I feel comfortable there. I am still researching the various types of surgeries and noticed that there is only one physician in Mexico listed who performs the DS surgery, and it looks like he does it open, not lap. How did any of you decide on the lap band vs. RNY or DS?
Christa L.
on 9/23/03 2:18 pm - Lind, WA
Hi Christy, my name is Christa and I am going to Ensenada Mexico to have the RNY gastric bypass with Dr. Alejandro Aguirre. I chose the RNY because of my size (300+). I hear that the lap band is not as successful with super obese, and much easier to gain back eventually. I want permenant and the band is not (though not as evasive). I considered the DS and then decided against it due to the fact that you do not dump with the DS, which I think I will need to keep me off the sweets and high fat foods. If these are not a problem for you, then maybe the DS is a good idea. There is no chance of food getting stuck in the opening, as it is your natural stomach and opening, not a pouch. Food does not have to be chewed so long, or such small bites taken. It just scares me that I will eventually go back to my same eating habits and stretch the stomach, or just not lose due to what I eat, so that is why I have chosen the RNY. My procedure will cost $8500 and with airline tickets from Washington state, and hotel expense, I am looking at about $10000 total, which is very little compared to the $25-30000 here in the states. If you have any questions, or you just want to chat, email me anytime at [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views