info on bariatric surgery in mexico

juanita F.
on 9/22/03 12:08 pm - plano, tx
I am wondering if anyone has any info on the surgeons in Puerto VAllarta? I am interested in the bypass surgery not the band. thanks Juanita
Christa L.
on 9/23/03 2:04 pm - Lind, WA
Hi...I am not sure about surgery in Puerto Vallerta, but I have been researching all the docs in the south of the border portion of this site, and only a few do the bypass, most do the banding. I have just been set up with an appt. with Dr. Alejandro Aguirre in Ensenada, MX. He does the RNY gastric bypass, his fee is only $8500, and he is very experienced. Ensenada is only and hour and a half from San Diego. So it is not far into MX. I emailed him and recieved a response within 24 hours. He also gives you his cell phone number in case you want to call him with any questions. He speaks perfect english so there is no english barrier when dealing with him. I have read many positive things about him. If you want more info, go to the south of the border part of the website and all the mexico docs are listed there and you can read everyones posts about their experiences. It has been very helpful to me, and I will be going in February as he is very booked up(which I think is a good sign).If you would like to email me and talk some more, my email address is [email protected]
Jerry P.
on 9/24/03 3:57 am
Hi Juanita - I am 4 weeks post-op. Open RNY in Mexico. I was a patient of Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada. Alot of people from Texas have come and are coming to him. Dr Mirande also does a LAP RNY he is in Mexico City. I think he tends to reccomend the banding but will do an RNY. I researched both Dr's .. both are great Dr's with an impressive success rate. Personally I feel Dr. Aguirre was better for me. As a post-op looking back on it all I would do it all over again and I would not consider going anywhere else. My PCP here at home has 9 post-ops (surgery in State) in his practice.. not one of them has done as well as I. My Dr here is in awe of my results and the ease of my recovery.. all due to my wonderful surgeon... You can visit his patient forum here http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/?ID=A-1045621205 Check in and see what his patients have to say...
D D.
on 9/27/03 11:22 pm - VA
Hi--- I had laprascopic RNY (Fobi pouch) in Monterrey, Mexico, on 22 July 03 with Dr. Zorrilla (surgicalteam.com). The $12,500 cost included surgery and three nights in the hospital. I paid for a few nights before (two) and after (three) in a hotel, as well as about $400 in pre-surgical tests. I flew back to the East Coast on the Monday morning after my previous Tuesday's surgery (I had the drains removed here). No problems at all -- have lost 43 pounds since then. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views