Paying Dr. Baltasar

PattyL
on 1/16/04 3:19 am
I posted this message 3 days ago on www.bodybybaltasar.com and got no response. I thought maybe I might have better luck here...... After reading all the info on this site, it looks like the only way to pay is cash or travelers checks. Since the USD has declined in value by 30+% this is a problem for me. First of all, I am not comfortable carrying that much money. Second, I believe there are laws/rules that say we can't carry more than $10,000.00 out of the country without major problems. Third, I investigated buying EUR or travelers checks in EUR. Yet another nightmare. American Express can't do it and my bank said this would be a major problem because they would have to do a bunch of paperwork and report me to the government. With things the way they are today, I would rather fly under their radar. Fourth, Spain has limits about how many EUR you can legally bring into the country. The only good solution I have found to this problem is wire transfer. I checked with my bank and I can do this legally. Has anyone ever been able to pay in this manner? Did you pay the Dr and the clinic? If there is a way to do this it sure would cut down on my stress level. Breaking the law in multiple countries at the same time is a bit of a stretch for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
maizabal
on 1/21/04 2:54 am - CA
Hi Patty I was asked by my Dr. to pay with Cashier's Check and I was able to break it down and make one for the hospital and another one for the Dr. And to me that was safer than carrying cash. or check to see if they would accept money orders. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views