Plastic surgery cost out of the us?

Annette W.
on 2/3/04 5:49 am - Federal Way, wa
Does anyone know what the going prices would be if you had plastic surgery out of the united states? Especially if your insurance does not cover tummy tucks, batwings ect. Plus once you reach goal weight will they see that you want your skin tighter and not a lipo? I mean their wont be that much to suck out just skin flapping in the wind. I wonder if the price would be different and cheaper? Can you prebook even though you havent had WLS surgery yet? I am scheduled to see Dr A on April 14th, I waited 2 long years since my insurance don't cover the surgery. I am now self pay, Thanks to my credit Unioun the gave me a loan to cover my surgery.
Ali M
on 2/3/04 10:59 pm - S.E., TX
Hi Annette, I have been looking into PS in Brazil for a while. There is a yahoo group devoted to Dr. Fabio in Vitoria, Brazil: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MedNetBrazil/ There is a price list in the files section. I added up (for myself) an extended tummy tuck, breast lift with implants and batwing removal at $6900. This includes all surgeons, hospital and aenesthesia fees. Add on another $1500 for flight and hotel for a couple of weeks. This sure beats the quote I got here in Houston of $11,000 just for regular tummy tuck and breast lift. The lady who moderates the Yahoo group is an American citizen living in Brazil. She had DS surgery several years ago and had all her PS done by Dr. Fabio. She helps him facilitate US patients (scheduling, tests, etc..) She also runs a pretty reasonably priced concierge service where she will pick you up at the airport, get you around for your appointments and stuff like that. Like I said I am seriously considering this option. Good Luck, Ali
Joanne V.
on 2/5/04 12:02 pm - Lexington, MS
Ali - thanks for the info and I will check the link, but do you happen to know would the same surgeon do eye bags like Greta Van Sustern had removed. I think I want TT, eyes, not sure yet about batwings or legs. Thanks -- Jody
Ali M
on 3/3/04 7:30 am - S.E., TX
They have the eyelid lift listed for 1300 USD. You can e-mail the moderator of the group or post a message and she will get back with you if you have any specific questions. She is an American living in Brazil and works as a coordinator between Dr. Fabio and the patients. For an extra fee she will act as concierge - picking you up at the airport, running errands, etc.
K. Pullen
on 3/1/04 6:38 am - South Houston, TX
Ok, silly question...batwings? Are you talking about the arms?
lilsneaker
on 3/28/04 6:46 am - Austin, TX
Not to offend anyone, but I call the wings on my arms angelwings. The term batwings just made me feel bad. I needed something to help me feel better about them until I can get them fixed. I've looked into Dr. Fabio. I never got a response back to my email. Since I'm in no real hurry, I'm not going to worry much about it right now. Vicky P.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1023 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views