:help: Leaving a Will?

Annette W.
on 3/10/04 5:47 am - Federal Way, wa
I know that this is a sensative question, but I read the ones that did not make it through the surgery. Did any or all of you make a Will prior to surgery? If so where can I get one in preparation, is there a site for such a thing for Wills or Living Wills? I am seeing Dr. Alajandro Aguirre as my surgeon who will be doing my surgery in a month. It's been brewing in the back of my head the thought of not making it through surgery. But I was thinking to myself that alot of those deaths did happen in American soil. At the same time I don't want to jinx myself. Any word of encouragement would be appreciated. I sometimes worry for nothing. I am sure many like me that did not yet reach the other side have this thought stuck in their heads.
GrannyLaLa
on 3/12/04 3:44 pm - South,, AR
Having a Will is good idea at anytime of your life, you never know. As for worrying about the surgery, that is common thing. I've heard that it's 1 in 100 that don't make it but I also believe there's a lot that has to do with what surgeon you use. You have faith in this one and done your search so you have faith in him, right? Keep that in mind and you'll be back here soon talking, laughing and enjoying your great weightloss!
Charlotte H.
on 3/24/04 10:49 pm - Taylor, TX
I went online and found a site that had wills that would be considered legal in each state. I completed it, had it witnessed and notarized and also completed a medical power of attorney - just in case. The notary who I used told me that the will could be contested in court, but I just did it so that my family would know how I wanted things divided if necessary. The medical power of attorney gave my mother (who went with me) the authority to do whatever was necessary if I became incapacitated by surgery. Obviously, everything went well and neither was needed, but it gave me a sense of peace knowing that I had taken the steps necessary to make things easier for my family if the worst had happened. Besides - I didn't want the state to decide what happened to my stuff!!! I think it is a good idea to be prepared if - God forbid - anything happens. I had complete faith in Dr. Aguirre and it was well-founded, but you never know... Charlotte
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views