Please Read

MissOleMiss S.
on 3/24/04 2:56 am - East Central, MS
Hello, I wasn't aware of this board and people on the main message board can be so hateful... I need some help, I'm trying to find a finance company that doesn't give you a list of DR's to choose from. I want to use Dr.Aguirre, but he is not on any of the finance companies list's, you would think if your getting a loan you would be able to choose the Dr. of your choice... So if there any of you out there who have financed your surgery and went out of the country could you please help me figure this out... Any advice or insight would be helpful... Thanks Ivey
curvy_v
on 3/24/04 3:01 am - somewhere IN, GA
Do you have to tell why you need the loan?
MissOleMiss S.
on 3/24/04 3:13 am - East Central, MS
Well, with a medical finance company they require you to choose a DR from their list. But i guess if you got a personal loan from a bank, they wouldn't have to know...I was just try to explore other option's before i go to the bank Thanks for your response though!!! Ivey
doglover
on 3/24/04 5:51 am - Glendale, Az
Hi Ivey! We refied our house to get the monies. I am not sure how you would handle that. Keep on trying, maybe you could just obtain a personal loan through a finance company or bank. Keep trying, it will all come together.
Dinka Doo
on 3/25/04 9:35 pm - Medford, OR
Ivey - I have heard from other people trying for the same thing and found out they cannot get approval for doctor's outside the US. Well, at least the other cases I've heard of. Not sure it would be the same finance co that you are dealing with. I don't know how good the interest rate is comparitively, but if it's not that great of a difference in price, I'd urge you to just do like the others and eithe refinance your home or take out a personal bank loan. Heck - don't take it from me because each person has to choose their own path, but after having my surgery 2 weeks ago with Dr. Aguirre, I'd put it all on a credit card if I had to. In fact, I told my SIL that I'd sell my car if I had no other option. I realize now what a wonderful thing this is - even moreso than before I went in. NO REGRETS HERE! Dina
DEBBY B.
on 3/26/04 6:07 am - OH
Ivey, just a couple thoughts. Have you got the best price Dr wise first of all. check out the bottom list o f Drs as well as just the top lit My Dr was several thousand dollars less for the same work. He is one of a few that has special equipment for very heavy patients. I was well pleased. also have you checked into any 401k you may have options to take from one. Contact the Dr of your choice and his co ordinator should be able to help you find financing. Leanding tree .com is another option. Dont just take any loan. remember paying it back is harder than getting it. Also once that slim body is looking at you a tummy tuck is going to be on your Cristmas list. I am getting another part time job in 6 months to save for that. Consider getting bloodwork done before your surgery and if you are having any trouble with asid reflex and hernia check that out. Bad news if you get there and are sent home due to not fit for surgery Your bloodwork will be a starting point to work towards once banded to see how you are doing. Personally unless you have concerns keep your banding to your self. You dont wnt your US dr to use it against you as far as ins. is . Just banded 23/23/04 248/140 Debby
Carmella C.
on 3/26/04 7:09 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I was able to get a loan from Patient Financial Services (PFS), they just sent the money straight into my checking account. They did not care that I used Dr. Aguirre. Hope this helps, Carmella
Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 9:22 am - Medford, OR
Carmella - this is great info to have! Glad you popped up with that. I may refer a couple of my friends there! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1613 views