approved for RNY now denied.

thin_tyme
on 3/24/04 11:42 pm - WY
Hello my name is Mechelle. I was scheduled for an RNY April 16th. I have my insurance approval letter and all the pre-op stuff taken care of. Intercorp steps into the picture yesterday and denied me. I saw a banner for this site so here I am. Before I had decided on an RNY I had been really checking out the Band. However I had heard that the FDA was going to discontinue with it. So here I am. I could use some advice and people to talk to. Thank you Mechelle
doglover
on 3/25/04 1:40 am - Glendale, Az
Welcome Mechelle! I had open RNY in Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre, 5 months ago. It worked great and cost was way cheaper! I feel I received better care there, than I have here. Check out Dr. A's forum! Don't worry you will make it too!
Dinka Doo
on 3/25/04 9:32 pm - Medford, OR
Mechelle- What basis did insurance deny you for? Do they have an exclusion policy? If not, just keep appealing it! If so, stick around here (South of the Border forum) and we'll get you the info you need for seeking this out in Mexico at a reduced cost. Dina
thin_tyme
on 3/25/04 10:58 pm - WY
Hi Dina Thank you for the reply. I called my insurance co. yesterday ( they gave me the approval, it was intercorp who denied me, intercorp is not my insurance co.) Any way they were not pleased. My surgery is still on and I am still approved. Like the insurance co told me, it was not intercorp place to make that decision. P.S Is this board only for the people who have had their surgeries done in other places other than the U.S.? If not I'd like to hang out here other than the main board. Just some rudeness sometimes, some people are afraid to post. Mechelle
Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 9:20 am - Medford, OR
Mechelle - So is intercorp the company you work for? If not, how are they involved in this? Sounds really silly to me - the insurance should be the last word! As for this board, yes it is for South of the Border surgeries....those of us who's insurance wouldn't pay or didn't have insurance. You are welcome to hang around if you like - no doubt we will have different experiences in one way, but in another it's all just universal in getting familiar with eating and all that fun stuff. You can also check out the monthly boards for when you get your surgery scheduled. I belong to the March board which is VERY busy and fun. Not sure what the April board would be like, but they might be the same. I play on both the March board and here. I have heard a lot of stuff about the main board. I have only posted there a couple times. I figure it moves too fast for me to keep up anway! Dina
thin_tyme
on 3/28/04 10:34 am - WY
Hi Dina No I do not work for Intercorp. I'm not quite sure who they are except that they might be my Ins. Co independent medical review something or another. I know that I am supposed to call Intercorp to get pre-authorization for the hospital stay, not for approval of coverage. Any way I don't have to worry about it now because thankfully it was taken care of. Thanks for the info on the month boards. I'll check out April's and see what I come up with. I'll try and hang out here though too, if ever I need some food advice, I'm sure someone could give it to me. Thanks Dina Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views