How big is your pouch?

Dinka Doo
on 3/25/04 9:43 pm - Medford, OR
I was suprised to find out that my pouch was 4 oz - I thought average was 2 oz. Dr. Aguirre told me it was the right size....4 oz was what he created. I know everyone seems to lose great with that size pouch, but others on my March board have such tiny tiny pouches - down to a tablespoon. What about all the rest of you folks? How big is your pouch and do you still feel the mouth hunger at all? One thing I'm grateful for with this larger pouch is that I don't feel my mouth is deprived of chewing and flavor at all.... Dina
y0maria
on 3/26/04 11:26 am - CA
How did you find out how big your pouch was? Did you ask him or did you do the cottage cheese test? I was under the impression that they are "usually" 1-2 ounces and I know I can only eat about 4 ounces of soft food and way less of anything with more substance now and I am a little over four months out. I assume mine was the "usual" size.....
Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 3:32 pm - Medford, OR
Well, I found out because I asked Dr. Aguirre. I realize yogurt is too soft and goes through the stoma quickly, so the 4 oz yogurt that I could have eaten more of was not alarming. But the cottage cheese WAS alarming to me as I was sure I was eating about 4 oz of it. So when I got my drain out I asked him this because I was concerned it wasn't going to be restrictive enough. I feel happy with it now though - but I wasn't expecting it. He did assure me, however, that other foods will cause me to not want to eat as much - so I know the soft foods just let things push through quicker. But I did eat that 4 oz of cottage cheese....and it was firm. However, today I had thick cream of wheat and I don't think I could eat the 4 oz of that, so maybe I'm doing what you are doing also in that I am finding other foods fill me quicker. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 248 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 438 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views