TV Dinners....

Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 9:39 am - Medford, OR
I went and bought some Michelinas TV Dinners (like Budget Gourmet) and got ones with the least fat and most protein I could find. Had one for lunch yesterday and it was so good! I know I am not suppose to have whole meat products for another week and a half, but I had the meatloaf and taters and it was great! I ate 2/3 of it and fed the rest to my son. One buck - that is all it cost. And 200 calories for the whole meal, so I did good with how much I ate. I was so happy to feel like I was eating something like a dinner....and just my size too! Now I can take one to work for lunch and it will SATISFY me! Dina
Kelly R.
on 3/26/04 10:03 am - Everett, WA
Hi Dina! I've enjoyed reading all your posts. How many ounces would you say were in that TV dinner? I've been trying to get an idea of how much I will be eating after surgery. Also, about the size of your pouch, is Dr A starting to do 4oz pouches for everyone? I kinda hope not, I think I may need the help of a smaller pouch! Talk to you soon
Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 3:25 pm - Medford, OR
Kelly - I think he always has done 4 oz pouches based on what it sounded like when I asked him. I think looking at everyone else's loss I am not going to sweat it at all. He did say that different foods would fill me differently and I find that is true. I can only eat 1 boiled egg, but softer foods like a fried egg I can have with other things like grits, etc. The thing I like about this size of a pouch is that I don't feel deprived for chewing and tasting. It all works out in the end anyway though as apparently all the pouches end up the same size a year down the road anyway. The difference with a smaller pouch that I was able to research online is that the smaller ones carry a higher risk for leaks for one, and also the patients end up eating many small meals throughout the day....some every hour and others every 2 hours. I rather prefer it this way myself - but I had already geared myself up for a smaller pouch so I had to think about it and consider how I felt with it. And just because you have a 4 oz pouch doesn't mean you have to fill it either. I've been doling out less than that and it helps keep me from having to figure out when I am full (harder to do for me now until I'm sick). I don't feel deprived if I stop slightly sooner. But I do if I go way too soon - say 2 oz worth. Dina
Megan *.
on 3/27/04 4:40 am - CA
Dina: I answered your "what are you eating" post and then read this one - I can eat a small slice of meatloaf too. I have a hard time with frozen foods because of the high sodium content. I think I'll go check out the store and see if I can find some that I can eat - GREAT idea.
Dinka Doo
on 3/27/04 5:55 pm - Medford, OR
Megan - just a thought but what about Healthy Choice dinners? They may be too large to eat in one sitting, but maybe they could span out for 2 meals. They tend to be lower in sodium. Dina
Kelly R.
on 3/29/04 2:59 am - Everett, WA
Thanks for the info Dina. Sounds like Dr A is doing things the safe way, so I'm not gonna complain. I just can't wait!
Deborah P.
on 3/29/04 7:40 am - NY, NY
Hey Dina, I'm only a few days after you with Dr. A and can say I'm starting to get that real hungry feeling but I was so afraid to screw up what he did, I have almost faithfully stuck to this boring liquid only thing. My days consist of protein drink, consumme, sugar free jello, lots and lots of water, some plain yogurt with banana smashed up and in 11 days my total loss is 11 pounds which I have no idea if that's average, great or what. All I can say is heading into my 14th day, I'm craving real food. I have had no bad reactions except when I attempted to drink a BOOST Protein Drink without reading the ingredients. I nearly hit the roof of the house. Ciao. debbie
Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 5:19 pm - Medford, OR
Debbie - 14th day? Holy cow - where was I? I was thinking you were a week out - I'm really off my rocker! I am curious about your liquid diet - did you just do that following what others are doing or did Dr. A. actually tell you to do that? He indicated to me to start soft foods almost right away, which I did. I can imagine you are starving and wanting real food - I would say go for it. You are likely more than ready! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 248 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 438 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views