Wow i just found this this is great

Lisa B.
on 3/26/04 12:13 pm - Houston, TX
Hello everyone i am so happy that we have this here i love it.Hows everyone doing?? I have a question for our Post Ops..Do you find it hard to not drink any liquids while eating your meals? I do it is so hard not to drink while i eat,I have to admit i do sneak a drink or two while i eat ,but they are just sips to wet my mouth i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont.Pleasetell me I'm not the only one who does this.
Dinka Doo
on 3/26/04 3:19 pm - Medford, OR
Well, normally I don't drink with my food too much anyway, but I've felt the same parched feeling after eating, so I will do the same - take a sip to whet the whistle, but not to water everything down. I have found that this for me has not been a problem causing me to dump or get hungry sooner. Of course, it's a very little liquid, too. Dina
dannern
on 3/26/04 10:17 pm - N. O., la
Well hello Lisa, its nice to see you posting here. When I first got my date for surgery back in Sept I used to read your posts almost everyday. Now that you are post op I guess you are busy living and "loving life". I thought it was going to be hard to eat without drinking at first. I mean we've been doing it this way for all our lives. But it isn't hard for me at all. I guess I have gotten used to ignoring my thirst at work that I just ignore it while I eat. I have more trouble making myself drink enough between meals.
Dinka Doo
on 3/27/04 1:42 am - Medford, OR
Amen to that Deanne! I wake up and I have an aversion to drinking right away, and then I realize I haven't had anything to drink before breakfast! Dina
Megan *.
on 3/27/04 4:45 am - CA
Hi Lisa: I do always take a few sips before I eat and maybe one or two while eating, but nothing like I used to drink before with meals.
Marlene S.
on 3/27/04 5:37 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I "thirst" for drinking any liquids anytime I have a meal. I find that sucking on ice chips helps somewhat.
y0maria
on 3/27/04 10:40 am - CA
I don't have a problem with drinking with eating but I have an added incentive. For whatever reason if I drink immediately before, during or immediately after eating I get that stuck feeling and whatever I ate needs to come back. Even if it is just a sip. Needless to say after the first couple of times, I don't even try to drink and eat anymore!!!
beckyvee
on 3/28/04 11:16 am - Cedar Park, TX
I avoid drinking unless the food is especially dry or in the event that I am socializing or eating in a restaurant. I don't pay attention to chewing crefully when I'm having a good time, so taking a few sips of water is generally a good idea.
Tina H.
on 3/29/04 2:10 am - Chicago, IL
I have to jump on this bandwagon, too. I am guilty of taking a few sips during and immediately following a meal. Not enough to water down and I don't get hungry sooner because of it. I do find that I am still fighting a lot of head hunger still at 6 months post-op. Anyone else have this problem?
Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 5:11 pm - Medford, OR
I dunno - I haven't really felt a lot of head hunger. Sure I wanted cheesecake when DH brought some home over the weekend, but if he wasn't eating it in front of me, I wouldn't be wanting it. It felt the same as my normal struggles with dieting in that sense, but with the added incentive that I would get sick if I tried it, so I didn't! I really feel like even though I am able to eat a little more per sitting than some (still with the 4 oz pouch here) I get more out of it and don't have so much head hunger. I was afraid of that happening to me, but so far it's been great! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views