MGB in Mexico

rbpeach21
on 5/16/06 6:26 am - Eagle Montain, UT
Hello, Have been researching surgery for a while, and just came across MGB.. was considering going to Mexico to have the procedure (obviously for the cost) and am curious if there is a location doing the MGB to help with the out of pocket... Any help would be appreciated! Peach
MissSandy
on 5/24/06 2:27 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi, I can't answer your question about finances, but I'm curious as to whether or not it is the TRUE MGB being performed in Mexico. It is my understanding that the only surgeons doing the Mini Gastric Bypass are those trained by Dr. Robert Rutledge in Las Vegas. He does the surgery there, and the surgeons who trained under him on this procedure are in Michigan, Florida, and Texas. I had this surgery and have lost over 200 pounds since July, 2004. CLOS.net explains this procedure. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Sandy
~~Sami~~ *.
on 6/7/06 7:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Peach: I don't know if they do the MGB in Mexico yet or not. I did have a Lap-Band there, though. The "real" MGB Is pretty affordable...I think around $17000. Karla
ChrstnHsbndFthr
on 6/30/06 4:45 pm - Pittsboro, NC
Hi Ryan, Did you ever find anyone doing MGB in Mexico? The American Docs will not do mine due to the high risk. 56 bmi with arithmia. But, I am a walking deadman without it. So i am still looking for a soloution. If you found anything would you share the info? Thanks, David
KutluMD
on 8/22/06 12:32 am - Ankara, Turkey
Hi, I have seen your message about being a walking dead, I definately would recommend Dr.Rutledge as I have seen him operate on many patients with very but very bad overall status (my definition of bad is slightly different from yours from a surgeons point of view) Do NOT risk your life for couple of thousands of dollars, bariatric surgery is a risky business and when I mean risk it is risk. I have seen Dr.Rutledge operate for the correction of severe complications performed by mexican Doctors, As a Turkish surgeon I do not mean to say that they are bad, but from my side of the operating table I believe that expereience is VERY important when dealing with high risk patients.  Go to Rutledge
Karen C.
on 7/29/06 2:41 am - Blue Springs, MO
VSG on 07/18/08 with
I think that Dr. Jose Rodriguez does this procedure in Mexico for $13,000. You might want to check that out. You can call Susan at 866.484.2263 and she can tell you the specifics. No airfare is included in that price - you must find your own way to San Antonio and after that everything is covered, I believe. Karen
pepperboy
on 8/23/06 2:07 am - oxnard, CA
Whatever you decide in the end, do yourself  the biggest favor of your life and really research all wls options. Have you looked into DS, people with high bmi's do extremely well with it and the quality of life as far as eating, is not as restrictive and most easy to deal with. There are quite a few docs out of  the country that are excellent....Dr. M  & Dr. A in Brazil, Dr. U in Mexico, Dr. B in Spain....go to duodenalswitch.com for full list of out of the country doctors. Also check out the revision board and see which surgeries are having to be revised to another most often. Good luck to you and your search.   Annie
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/07 3:04 am
Please very careful about out of country surgery! A friend of mine flew to England to save a few dollars.  She had the Lap Band.  She got back and a few weeks later started having problems.  She had major problems getting support from England and the local doctors didnt want to intervene because they werent experienced with the proceedure or how to deal with it.  Ultimately she almost died when the band slipped and caused her major issues which she lives with to this day.  She had the band removed, now weighs more than ever and her health is worse than ever. My advice.  NEVER get yourself into a position where support is not close by.  Your life may depend on it. Best of luck!
w3892r
on 12/27/08 11:12 am - TX
i had mine done in tj mexico. had great care top notch people and equip. for alot less. than in the states. yes i was like everyone else afraid to go to mexico or any other country to get this done. but i did and it went so much better than i thought it would. i went to limarp and you can messege me if you like. im about a week out post op and doing good.    Will
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 894 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1225 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views