Anyone in the Raleigh/Durham Area?

shoutjoy
on 6/4/06 10:02 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi, I will be moving to NC in the near future and need to hook up with other MGBers. I have sent an email to the local MGB office, but haven't heard anything back. Paula
TWN_MONK
on 6/16/06 10:33 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hi Paula, I don't have any info for you but I do have a question. You live in VA now? Did you have a MGB in VA? Thanks, April
shoutjoy
on 6/19/06 6:15 am - Culpeper, VA
I had my MGB in Durham, NC with Dr. Rutledge. At that time, he had only done 300-400 operations. It was very new and it was when insurance covered it. I was one of the lucky ones. Yea, I still live in VA at least until October. Paula
ChrstnHsbndFthr
on 6/30/06 4:48 pm - Pittsboro, NC
MGB's are still being perfomred in High Point by Dr's Dasher and Walsh, both trained under Dr Rutlidge. They have impeccable records, but they do not seem to take high risk patients. Guess that is how they keep their record so good. I know there are others here in NC because they have done 500 surgeries themselves. That does not include ones done by Dr R when he was in state. David
shoutjoy
on 6/30/06 8:18 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi David, I have visited the High Point Regional Website and they DO have a support group. It wouldn't be too bad being an hour and a half commute during the summer. I am in contact with a local group that meets twice a month, not MGB but that is ok. I am lots of great ideas and I am excited to get involved. Support groups are very important to our success. Thanks David.
sugrpootsmom
on 10/8/07 9:52 pm
Hi!  I was hoping to do the MGB with Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas.  I live in Raleigh right now and do not have a family doctor (I had to quit seeing my old one because of insurance issues!!).  Do you know of any doctors in the Raleigh-Durham that support the MGB? 
lisasnmnandstrs
on 10/16/06 1:58 am

Paula, Was reading your story about your MGB and was wanting to as a few questions.  For the past few years I have been wanting to have this done.  I have been really scared though.  Diet wise how does that change?  Do you have to give up coffee and tea and things that I have come to love?  Is there a website that I can go on to check this out?  I have researched the surgery itself but haven't found much on the diet portion.  What I have ran into is that the sites tend to say every physicians requires different diets.  If you do have to give this up is it for the rest of your life or can you have it at some point?  I am also a smoker, which I know I nedd to quit, do I have to give that up to? As to the Raleigh area, I am from Raleigh, although I am married to the Army as I like to say and we are stationed at Fort Benning right now.  Any information you need on the area I will be glad to try and get for you.  I am a licensed real estate broker there and can still get ahold of quite a bit of information for you even though I dont practice selling real estate there.  My family is there as well and if you need any info I will certainly try and get it for you. Thanks for your help, Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views