RNY + Pregnancy

shannonp8
on 5/18/08 3:16 am - Willowdale, Canada
 I have a question I was hoping someone could answer, it says the following about pregnncy/childbearing in the first 18 months to two years following surgery you should not get pregnant. (Quote)"If you are a woman of childbearing age, you must not get pregnant within the first 18 months to two years following bariatric surgery. The rapid weight loss and nutritional deficiencies associated with weight-loss surgery make pregnancy very dangerous for you and for a developing fetus. Take special precautions to prevent an unsafe pregnancy, particularly because weight loss after bariatric surgery tends to increase fertility."(/Quote) My question is, is there a  safe time after surgery to have kids? Can you have kids after the RNY? If not is there an alternate to RNY which is covered by OHIP, that afterwards you can kids eventually.  Thanks for your help Shannon
dreamindrgn
on 6/25/08 2:30 pm - Westland, MI
Hi.  I am kinda new here and searching for answers myself.... but.... a friend of mine had an open rny a few years ago.  she now has cute twins!   told her she got greedy and got preg for both of us.... but she didnt not seem to have too many problems.  although she is has low iron alot.  am not sure if is from surg or preg. 
T
on 6/30/08 9:41 am - washington c.h., OH
The MGB is not really the same as the RNY... In either case tho, I think your question could be better answered on the pregnancy board here at OH....Good luck!

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind...

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2042 views