Post Expired

Jay Park
on 6/21/08 2:24 pm, edited 2/20/09 6:53 am - MO
Post Expired
slugworth
on 6/30/08 2:49 am - Stanwood, WA
No, I don't think so. However you can email CLOS to be sure.
sunsetinaz
on 7/10/08 10:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I don't know about them, but I just got some info from beliteweight.com about a program in Mexico, just south of San Diego. "Dr. Aceves is a highly experienced surgeon, in bariatric surgery. He performs the laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, the laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve and the Lap Band. He has also performed thousands of other laparoscopic surgeries. Dr. Alberto Aceves is a member of: American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity http://www.obesity-online.com/ifso/council.htm Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS) Mexican Society of Obesity Surgery(currently Vice President) Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery Mexican Association of General Surgery General Surgeons college of Mexicali  I have no insurance and live in AZ, so this might be a solution for me.  Has anyone heard of this doctor who works through Almater Hospital or the beliteweight program?? I am just beginning my search for a physician and a program. What is the going rate for MGB pre-testing, care, surgery, and follow-up in the US and outside of it? Thanks in advance for you input.  sunsetinaz
Laussie
on 10/2/08 1:05 am - Winter Haven, FL
The MGB is $17,000 from start to finish.  The majority of pre-testing costs should be covered by your insurance but the hospital, surgery, surgeon and follow-up is all under the $17,000 umbrella.  Costs outside of that package would any follow-up and labs thru your PCP.  Hard to put a $$ figure on that without knowing what your insurance will cover.  I have United Healthcare and they cover my PCP visits (after copay) and all my labs.
sunsetinaz
on 10/6/08 4:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You are fortunate to have insurance - I had none.  I ended up not choosing Dr Aceves because my better half insisted that I do it in the city I live in - just in case there were any complications that needed to be immediately addresses. 

As it happened, because my surgery was a revision of a surgery done 35 years ago, there was a lot of scar tissue that needed to be dealt with, undoing the old surgery, and then doing an RNY.  I ended up going with the Bridges Centre program and with Dr. Daniel Fang who did an excellent job of discovering what the original stomach surgery was, undoing it and removing scar tissue internally and around the old incision and leaving a minimal scar from the open surgery.

245.7  Weight day of surgery
247.9  Weight 3 days after surgery (Dr. said gain was due to constant hydrating throgh the IV's)
237.0  Weight six days after surgery (Dr. must have been right!)
"These are the good old days..." Carly Simon 1971
"and I don't want to waste even one!" sunsetinaz 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 894 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1225 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views