MGB - Japan or Seattle area

tokyodude
on 8/6/08 12:42 am - Tokyo, Japan

I realize it's a long shot, but I've read on the web digging around that Dr. Rutledge has taught Japanese about the surgery. I just haven't been able to find anyone here doing the surgery.

I'm an American living over here in Tokyo but I'm orignally from Seattle. So that's also an option to come back for awhile since I have family there. Las Vegas is really not an option with Dr. Rutledge strict follow-up policy of 1,3,6 months and every year there after. I just couldn't do that living in Tokyo.

I'm 37 and I've been over weight all my life. My current condition is pretty dire. I have congestive heart failure and my weight is taking a toll. I see my heart doctor every month and have reqular blood screenings. He's told me that weight loss surgery is my best option because of my physical condition.

If anyone has any information or can assist in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

MissSandy
on 8/7/08 7:26 am - Acworth, GA
Scott,

I can't answer your questions about doctors in Japan, but the follow-up visits may be done by your doctor where you live.  I live in Georgia and have just faxed my test results to CLOS at different times as requested.  SO, that part of the requirement should not be a problem for you.  By the way, I am pretty much pleased with my results.  Although I did not reach my goal weight, I lost from 392 to 205.

Sandy in GA
dietqueen
on 8/10/08 7:33 am - South Lyon, MI
Have you looked into the Duodenal Switch or the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy?

If you haven't you should visit their forums and find out a little about them.

Good Luck!

♥Leigh♥     (All weight lost post-op)

kmlenhardt
on 11/12/08 1:36 pm - Mercer Island, WA
Hi Scott,
I too am from the Seattle area and had my MGB in Las Vegas in 2004. The follow-up was all done with my local physician. There are absolutely no requirements for you to return to follow up with Dr. R. By the way, I am still amazed by this surgery and have never regretted it.
Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 885 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1217 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2034 views