Post Op 8 days (Still have regrets)

ktippie
on 10/24/08 10:42 am - Oronogo, MO
Has anyone else felt like this?? I still have regrets, I try to drink something and I can't, I feel like I am going to have a heart attack it hurts so bad. I can't eat either. I chew chew chew and I hurt. Will I ever be able to drink for real again?? I belched constantly and have started having diareah (sp) I have lost 13 lbs so far, but it hardly seems worth it to me. Please help- I feel myself sinking into a depression.

Kelly
shoutjoy
on 10/25/08 9:35 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Gas is a problem we face after surgery.  Contact your doctor regarding changes in your diet.  Eight days out isn't very long.  Hang in there. It will get better.

Paula
w3892r
on 12/23/08 8:40 am - TX
im 5 days post op- and have pain and alot of gas. i have tried a few diffrent gas reliveres but no luck yet. but i dont regret it.  i was at a point if i did not make a change RIGHT NOW. i was a dead duck. so i will continue and try to find a way to loose the gas. the hardest thing for me has been to take small drinks of water. etc... but i still have the gas issue no matter how  slow i sip.
Deborah61
on 12/29/08 1:34 pm - San Francisco, CA
 Wow, I'm sorry it's so hard.  I'm 13 days out and have gone through most of what you're talking about.  Remember there's a lot of swelling at and around your band and it takes time for that to improve.  Try liquid Ibuprofin (f it's OK with your M.D,)  (Children's Advil) It helps pain and swelling.  The burping has been weird for me (I really didn't before hand) but it has gotten better as I've gotten the air out (they pump it inside your abdominal cavity for surgery).  the loose/diarrhea stools mean your normal bowel function is coming back and it's a really good sign (usually after abdominal surgery they don't let you go home until your farting).  It's liquid because when you're taking only liquids there is nothing in your stomach/intestines to make a solid poop.   The good thing is you don't have to take milk of magnesia to get everything going.  

Remember, your also dealing with all the feelings you didn't have to deal with when you emotionally ate.  I hope you can be patient and gentle with yourself.  In the hospital they had me take fluids 1-2 tablespoons at a time.  You might need to try that until your swelling goes down.  Fluids are more important than food so you don't get dehydrated.  I know it sounds trite but try to be patient and keep doing the right things.  

Be well.  It has seemed to get a little better each day.  I've had quite a bit of pain.  Today was the first day I woke up and it didn't feel like there was a rock in my stomach.  I was encouraged.

You will get through this.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 893 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1225 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views