changing over

R. Campbell
on 4/19/11 3:43 am - Southaven, MS
Mini Gastric Bypass on 07/14/11

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me. I had the Lap-Band done in 07, started having problems from 09 til now. The doctor that did my surgery in 07 left, so now I am with another bariatric doctor, whom I met with just yesterday to discus changing over to the sleeve or the mini gastric bypass. Has anyone had a change? what type the MGB or the Sleeve? How was the change and what should I expect?    

shoutjoy
on 4/19/11 6:48 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

I don't know them personally but yes, there are several who have gone from the band to the MGB with great success.  Check out http://clos.net for more information.  I am not sure about the sleeve.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

syarbroG-5
on 4/19/11 11:36 pm
I haven't had surgery yet. I had my mind made up to have the ByPass until I got a lot of great info about the sleeve. Now I want the sleeve. If you read the Sleeve blog you will see why. Looks like my insurance company will have the final say NOT! God will! LOL!
Inikah J.
on 4/30/11 9:31 am - Houston, TX
I don't know must about the MGB but I am 3 weeks post op with the sleeve and I chose it because the only thing that was touched was my stomach and not any intestines.  So far I am lost 38lbs.  I am on the puree stage now and have a lot of head hunger only because I am in the South and it's crawfish season and I can't have any of it or seafood which is my favorite!!  I am still a Little weak but my doc said that my energy will come back within 8 weeks.  I can't wait to be on solid foods again I miss my salads...LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2043 views