MGB Rules and Regain (Question for a friend)

samsander
on 2/20/12 10:51 am - CA
Hi all:

My friend had the MGB 4 years ago.

She lost weight and got down to 130 pounds... but now is flirting with 150.

We help each other out here and there... but I had RNY, not MGB.

When I give her advice, I stick with my RNY tried and trues... protien, vitamins, water.... is there anything else a MGB patient needs to keep very aware of?

I am encouraging her to make an account and get involved herself... we shall see.

Thanks very much!!!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

shoutjoy
on 2/20/12 6:12 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Your advice is fine.  Sometimes we have to look back and figure out what changed.  Did we change what we eat, stop exercising, or was there a situation that caused us to fall off track.  For many folks, these things do happen.  Is she going to support groups?  Something triggered a change and she needs to figure out what that was and then, get plugged into support groups, journal her food to see if she has indeed taken on some bad eating habits.  Change her exercise routine to something else she enjoys.  Stress is a huge factor in weight gain.  Eating too many carbs can also trigger weight gain.  Carbs act like sugar in the body and burns fast but if too many are introduced into the body, the body is so busy burning all that off, the fat never gets burned off.

She is lucky to have a friend like you.  The tool is still there and works very well.  Bring her onboard here if she has a computer.  I have a virtual support group she can join as well.  It is Victorious Losers2.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 897 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1229 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views