HELP me pre surgery diet

Hello-kitty
on 6/12/12 11:03 am - Bethalto, IL
I had surgery in september 2009, lost 148 pounds,kept my weight off untill, in March 2011 I had a series of strokes only to fine out I have a brain tumor talk about ROCKING my world. Well I returned to my food friend oh poor me. I have gained 45 pounds back. PLEASE PLEASE  ME!!!!  I am ready to start over I am happy with my life after these health issues. I just need to get back on track !!!!

HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[email protected]
shoutjoy
on 6/12/12 8:25 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Wow, you have been through a lot.  I'm glad you are getting back to feeling better.  We should never take our health for granted!

Ok, well, let' see.  There are a few things I can suggest but, of course, it is up to you.  First of all, there is another OH message board called Back On Track Together.  Just type it into the OH search window and it should come up. 

Are you in a support group?  This would be a good way to get your thoughts back on track as well.  You will hear new postops talking about their food plans, maybe some seasoned postops can give you some ideas that have worked for them.

Next, start on your activity plan even if it is just walking.  Curves has an excellent program that is fast, fun and works.  No having to be in pain to get results from your workout.  If you are on Medicare, you may qualify to join for free.

Last, you may want to get the advice and guidance from a Nutritionist and a counselor that works with eating issues (addictions and disorders). 

If you are serious about getting back on track, then you should get the results you want.  But you have to take the steps.  We can "hold  your hand" while you take these steps.  Don't get upset if you have a setback.  These will eventually happen less and less as you get to your goal.

Hope this helps.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Hello-kitty
on 6/15/12 2:40 pm - Bethalto, IL
Thanks a million for your reply, part of my problem is I now walk with a cane. one of the strokes affe3cted my right side.
shoutjoy
on 6/15/12 8:37 pm - Culpeper, VA
What does your doctor say about exercise?  Are you getting PT now?

Hello-kitty
on 6/17/12 2:01 am - Bethalto, IL
I just want to start over, i can not find my original paperwork.  kind of go back and regroup.
shoutjoy
on 6/17/12 2:34 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

A lot of wls patients do Weigh****chers and have good success. Again, relearning to eat right and developing a healthy relationship with food is the goal.  Sometimes this requires more support than just trying to do it alone.  For new postops, the three stages are liquids, soft foods, then regular foods. Pre-op diets would be a food plan that is a healthy eating plan that is monitoring your fats and carbs similar to Weigh****chers.

All the suggestions I made were ways you can start over with some added support.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views