Planning your escape?

shoutjoy
on 7/21/14 7:33 pm - Culpeper, VA

“You start out motivated, but when your goal isn't being met quickly enough you start planning your escape:”

First of all, don't make unrealistic goals, "I want to be down two pant sizes in six weeks," or "I want to look great in a two-piece for my vacation next month." When you get all motivated and geared up, it's easy to get lost in the moment and think you'll give up all your bad habits at once and your lust for pizza and e'clairs will take a trip to the Bermuda Triangle, lost forever with no explanation. Secondly, don't make a goal that will take too long to wait for "I'm going to lose 50 pounds in a year." It's so hard to wait that long to see the outcome. Instead, set reasonable goals with a short window "I'm going to work out three times a week for the next month." Then, make another "I'm going to stop eating unhealthy snacks five days a week for the next month." Besides reaching these goals, you'll see other benefits like reduced body fat, lower weight, and feeling better. Use these goals to keep yourself motivated, and to eliminate bad habits (like poor eating habits and quitting exercising regularly.) Make sure to reward yourself after each goal is reached - not with food, but with a special treat like a new lipstick, book, workout wear, or hair style. By focusing on your habits and lifestyle more than pounds and time, you'll be far more successful in the end.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 895 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1225 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views