MGB FORUMS.. where?

tadair
on 12/22/14 11:40 pm - UT

Could someone kindly point me to more MGB forums?  I am looking for very very active forums, and can't seem to find many at all.  I have researched (ad nauseum) all WLS and have come to either the DS or MGB.  I am struggling to find other MGB patient forums where I can ask questions from LOTS and LOTS of other MGBers.  The one on Google is large but not active.  Someone was saying a CLOS forum used to be active but when I hit the link, blank page comes up.  I am considering MGB with either Dr. Kulau in India or the MD that does the robotic MGB (I think in India too).  See youtube for his vids and name.    

In the meantime, here are some questions:

1.  Do any of you have experience with Mexican Doctors doing the MGB?

2.  Seeking true statistics on cancer and long term MGBers.   Where can I get statistics and studies on long term MGBers and complications.  I am talking 10 - 15 years down the road.  Do these exist?

3.  Want to hear from long term MGBers with complications.  Ulcers, cancer, leaks, whatever.  Please, someone help me find some forums with LONG TERM patients.

Thanks in advance,

hollykim
on 1/27/15 7:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 23, 2014 at 7:40 AM Pacific Time, tadair wrote:

Could someone kindly point me to more MGB forums?  I am looking for very very active forums, and can't seem to find many at all.  I have researched (ad nauseum) all WLS and have come to either the DS or MGB.  I am struggling to find other MGB patient forums where I can ask questions from LOTS and LOTS of other MGBers.  The one on Google is large but not active.  Someone was saying a CLOS forum used to be active but when I hit the link, blank page comes up.  I am considering MGB with either Dr. Kulau in India or the MD that does the robotic MGB (I think in India too).  See youtube for his vids and name.    

In the meantime, here are some questions:

1.  Do any of you have experience with Mexican Doctors doing the MGB?

2.  Seeking true statistics on cancer and long term MGBers.   Where can I get statistics and studies on long term MGBers and complications.  I am talking 10 - 15 years down the road.  Do these exist?

3.  Want to hear from long term MGBers with complications.  Ulcers, cancer, leaks, whatever.  Please, someone help me find some forums with LONG TERM patients.

Thanks in advance,

you likely won't find lots of ppl who have had enough experience with the MGB,to be able to tell you anything about long term. It has only been performed for about 2 years in the US,so there are not any long term report s yet.

Pedrof
on 2/10/15 12:04 am

tadair.

I am also trying to find out, why there is almost no activity in the MGBgroup.. Could not find one yet. In case, you find out, please let me know.

Tks & regards

PEdro

luv2fly
on 2/19/16 10:31 pm - San Antonio, TX

I realize it has been over a year since you have posted this, however I had my MGB July 16, 2003 so I am one of the longer term MGBer.

I had mine done in the U.S. not in Mexico.  I have not had any problems regarding cancer.   I have maintained my weight loss for the past almost 13 years.  No ulcers, no cancer no leaks not bile reflux.  In the time since my surgery I needed iron infustions one time and that was about 7 years ago.  My highest weight was 240 lbs now 130 lbs.  I am a believer in the mgb.  

Even if this is way too late it might help someone else.

Debra

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 897 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1229 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views