MGB surgeons in Canada

Sara_H2O
on 2/1/15 10:46 am

Hello there,

Can someone direct me with information regarding surgeons in Canada that perform the MGB.

Thank you

Pedrof
on 3/6/16 1:24 pm

Hi Sara,

Check for Dr Mitchel Gagner clinic in Canada..

I think he does mgb

Regards Pedro

mitchnv
on 9/12/17 2:53 pm

I've been looking into a MGB surgery and have gotten a really quick response from SmartShape Weight Loss Centre - Division of Centric Health. I was going to get the lap band but after speaking with a Dr. he suggested the MGB would be better for me. I live in Vancouver but they only do the surgery in Toronto so I'll be flying to TO in November for my surgery. Look up SmartShape as they have locations all over Canada.

Thanks.

NAP2013
on 8/16/19 3:12 pm

I'm going to have MGP at smartshape in November. I would love to know how you're doing and if you like this procedure. Also, how was your after care?

mitchnv
on 8/17/19 3:38 pm

Hi there... I had my surgery in November 2017 and I couldn't be happier! The surgery was a breeze and I was back to work in no time. The biggest adjustment for me was realizing that my eyes were much bigger than my stomach! To date I'm down 90 lbs with about another 40 to go. Of course it's more difficult to to lose the last 40 but I know I won't be gaining back the 90 Ive Lost! Smart shape was great, I was really well taken care of. Good luck with your up coming surgery!!

NAP2013
on 8/17/19 6:19 pm

Thank you so much for responding!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I've been put into the bariatric program through my doctor at Toronto Western Hospital. The downfall is that I have to wait 1.5 to 3 years for the surgery. That's what prompted me to look into doing this privately. Smartshape offers a mini gastric bypass procedure that doesn't seem very common on Canada. I'm so nervous about it but I really need this for my health. Knowing that you received great care has helped put my mind at ease. THANK YOU and good luck with that last 40!! But 90!!! Congratulations! That is amazing!!! I hope I'm that successful. ?

mitchnv
on 8/18/19 9:42 am

Going privately and paying out of pocket was the only option for me too! The beauty of going private is you get treated really well so rest assured, you will be well taken care of!

Good luck and don't be nervous, the operation was a breeze... the challenge will be getting used to your food intake and your new life!!

NAP2013
on 8/18/19 5:10 pm

Thank you again!!! ð?'ð?'ð?'

Teejai
on 7/27/20 2:16 am - Sudbury, On

Does Toronto western do the MGB under OHIP

Teejai
on 7/27/20 2:15 am - Sudbury, On

Was there a cost of so how much? Or ws it covered I set OHIP?

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 885 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1215 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2033 views