looking into MGP. and info on it.

kayleezmom
on 11/20/05 8:23 am - st.charles, MO
I have been looking into WLS for over a year now, and after running into this I have sent away for the packet of info. Anything I should know about it. It is reversable? And safer than the Y? Any help to sooth me would be great. Thanks
IowaHouseFlipper
on 11/21/05 7:20 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
Hi Jen, I'm Peggy, I'm a 3+ year post-op Lap MGB person and I live in Iowa. I am one of the few that did not have my MGB with or thru Rutledge but I did have mine with another surgeon Rutledge taught to do the Lap MGB years and years ago. This guy is in Sioux Falls SD and he doesn't have all that "Packet" requirements (hoops) to jump thru and etc. Most of the questions (with answers), you should be reading off Rutledges site though. And "Yes", they do say it is reversible. As far as "SAFER" than the RNY......I wouldn't say it's safer but it's my opinion that it's probably more sucessful as far as actually loosing the weight. My younger sister had the Y and she still weights 265#. She started at about 365# but thta was about 8-9 years ago to. She's had many other complications with her Y but again, I don't know if the problem is due to the Y or if it was (in her case) due to the fact that the Y was so new and her doctor was so old! Anyway, if you have any other things you'd like to ask me, best place to write would be at my private email [email protected] Hope this has helped you, Peggy
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/05 7:23 am - Canada
Hi Jen... Your subject says MGP but I'm thinking you mean MGB... if so I'm three months post-op from the MGB and doing well. If you have any specific questions that have not been answered at the www.clos.net site... please email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to answer what I can... hugs Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 885 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1217 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2033 views