Who does this surgery and where?

Leslie
on 12/13/05 6:31 am
I know about Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas and I think I just read about a doctor in North Carolina. Does anyone else do this surgery? I'm very interested to learn more. Does insurance ever cover this and if not, what costs are involved? Thanks, Leslie
shoutjoy
on 12/17/05 11:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
If you go to the http://clos.net website, you will see a listing of all the centers in the U.S. Talk to some of the staff and they can help you out further. They bend over backwords in giving people access to them via email, phone, cell phone, and even instant messenger. Keep me posted on how it goes! Paula
(deactivated member)
on 12/24/05 8:05 pm - Canada
Hi Leslie I had my MGB in High Point, NC with Dr. Dasher. There are CLOS sites in Florida, Texas, Missouri, Michigan and North Carolina... check with the clos website to see where each site is. Many people have success with having insurance reimburse them for the surgery, but CLOS does not accept insurance directly. You have to pay the $17,000 out of pocket and then get reimbursed by your insurance company. Any other questions, please ask away! hugs Kim
susan0978
on 2/3/06 3:32 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Kim..I can't find a CLOS site for Texas. Can you give me some help in finding it? I went to the CLOS web page but couldn't find anything about locations. Thanks...Susan
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 8:51 pm - Canada
Hi Susan it looks like they are using the Statesville NC main office for the CLOS Texas contact... The surgeon is Dr. Peraglie and he is loved by every one of his patients... The clos web site used to list the CLOS sites on the top right corner and it's no longer there... contact Dr. Peraglie directly for the texas information... hugs Kim CLOS Texas 925 Thomas St., Suite E, Statesville, NC 28677 Office Phone 704-871-0031 Fax 704-871-0148 Contacts Catherine LeRoy 704-682-8009 [email protected], Elizabeth Robbins 989-415-0238 [email protected], Dr. Peraglie 713-582-9589 [email protected], Debbie Pennell, RN 704-682-2145 [email protected]
susan0978
on 2/6/06 3:34 am - Houston, TX
Hi Kim...Thanks for the information. I'm not to keen on the idea of them not accepting insurance coverage though. If I go this route I will have some saving up to do. Again thanks for the info.
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/06 1:35 am - XX
I'm curious as to why a doctor wouldn't accept insurance. That in itself is causing me to be alarmed.
Angel J.
on 12/26/05 12:36 pm - Troutdale, OR
Dr Adrian Heap in Kennewick Washington. $14k covers DR / Hosp & anesthesia and he is EXCELLENT! He is also a suregon listed on this website .... check him out he is WORTH it! I would not have had any other surgery but the one he offers.
IowaHouseFlipper
on 12/28/05 8:24 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
Hi Angel J, I looked up Dr. Heap and his price seems very reasonable but myself personally, I'd never opt for any gastric bypass surgery that involved a gastric ring. I've just known to many people (close friends) that had rings and they had major complications (failure from the ring)about 2 years post. I've also got 3 very good friends that both had the DS and both did a fine job at getting the weight off but they pay dearly daily. I just don't talk much about their surgery because I'm not against it as it has helped them with the weight but one of the 3 people has to daily "irrigate" his bowels due to the stomach acids and the other 2 gals has to eat then turd/**** immediately after. I swear she goes #2 about 6 times per day minimum. And if she don't eat immediately at the onset of feeling hungry, she gets very ill, pale, and nearly passes out. The Ds works but it's rough on a person. There's a doctor in Brazil that does Laprascopic (5-teeny tiny little incisions, instead of open surgery) weight loss surgeries for $10,000. He does the DS, RNY, or Band. I think he's over priced myself on the band but the other two types I think are great prices. Many people that go there "deduct" their entire trip under medical expenses on their income taxes as well. So it's nice to get a vacation to South America and get a refund both. But this all is only my OPINION about DS and Bands/Rings. I'd never do it but my reasons are based on what my friends have went thru that had these different types. Remember to that maybe what Heap does is completely different, I just wouldn't have any of it myself!
Laurie LOVES her DS
on 1/24/06 2:36 pm - Southern, CA
Peggy, I had the DS 14 months ago. My surgeon was Anthone in Omaha and his patients don't seem to experience the difficulties your friends are encountering. My BM's are once a day. More normal than when I was pre-op, LOL!! I would encourage your DS friends to call their surgeon(s)...there is no need to suffer...a dose of Flagyl may be all they need to clear up the multiple BM's. Take care... Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views