Recent Posts

White Dove
on 7/29/21 7:46 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: How much weight have you lost? Sleeve to MGB

The huge weight loss after surgery is normally a once in a lifetime event. With a revision, people tend to continue to consume more calories than their body can burn and thus continue to carry excess weight. This seems to be the outcome, no matter which surgery and which type of revision a person has. To take advantage of your revision, make sure you are on a very restricted calorie diet and that you are doing as much exercise as possible.

Your stomach will be smaller and there should be some malabsorption for a while. The stomach will start to stretch out again if you ever overeat at any meal. A good rule for women is to multiply your ideal weight by 10 and eat that number of calories daily. To lose one pound a week, subtract 500 calories a day. I maintain 136 at 1360 calories a day and lose a pound a week at 900 calories a day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teejai
on 7/27/20 2:16 am - Sudbury, On
Topic: RE: MGB surgeons in Canada

Does Toronto western do the MGB under OHIP

Teejai
on 7/27/20 2:15 am - Sudbury, On

Was there a cost of so how much? Or ws it covered I set OHIP?

andrinam
on 5/29/20 10:43 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 05/23/20
Topic: How much weight have you lost? Sleeve to MGB

I had a gastric sleeve done 8 years ago and lost 200 pounds. I had an MGB a week ago and noticed no weight loss. I heard that the weight loss wouldn't be significant this time around. I am currently at 283. Anyone out there who had the sleeve and MGB? How much did you lose? Any advice you can give to start the weight loss? After the sleeve, I lost 10 lbs the first week. Thank you!

NAP2013
on 1/13/20 5:47 pm
Topic: RE: MGP in Ontario

Thanks so much for your response! I did get it done! I had it done on Oct 16 and I feel great so far! Just like you, I can eat everything just smaller amounts.

cspera
on 1/13/20 11:57 am
VSG on 11/26/19
Topic: RE: MGP in Ontario

I had a MGB on 11/26 and am down 30lbs already. I had it done for cash in Tijuana, Mexico. I didn't want to jump through all the hoops going through insurance and wait a year. Plus I was at a 30 BMI and Cigna required me to be at 35 BMI. I didn't want to gain weight for the procedure. I couldn't be happier with my procedure. I don't have acid reflux anymore and have never had bile reflux. I can eat 4 oz easily without complication, and can eat everything I could before the procedure, just smaller amts. This procedure is not FDA approved yet, so that is why this procedure is not being done in the US frequently. BUT, it is being done all over Europe and Mexico. The primary difference between mini gastric bypass surgery and a full gastric bypass is that the mini version of the surgery is performed in a modified manner that involves less intestinal rerouting and a shorter overall surgery time. If you can get this, I highly recommend it!! Good Luck!

SuazoBNb
on 12/3/19 11:56 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve to MGB Low BMI

Thanks for sharing such valuable information.

NAP2013
on 8/18/19 5:10 pm

Thank you again!!! ð?'ð?'ð?'

mitchnv
on 8/18/19 9:42 am

Going privately and paying out of pocket was the only option for me too! The beauty of going private is you get treated really well so rest assured, you will be well taken care of!

Good luck and don't be nervous, the operation was a breeze... the challenge will be getting used to your food intake and your new life!!

NAP2013
on 8/17/19 6:19 pm

Thank you so much for responding!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I've been put into the bariatric program through my doctor at Toronto Western Hospital. The downfall is that I have to wait 1.5 to 3 years for the surgery. That's what prompted me to look into doing this privately. Smartshape offers a mini gastric bypass procedure that doesn't seem very common on Canada. I'm so nervous about it but I really need this for my health. Knowing that you received great care has helped put my mind at ease. THANK YOU and good luck with that last 40!! But 90!!! Congratulations! That is amazing!!! I hope I'm that successful. ?

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1229 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views