Still around

Michelle4Tupperware
on 4/2/12 12:02 pm - NB, Canada, Canada
Someone sending out the search party? 

Has been a while since I was actively posting but have checked in on occassion and prayed for many of you.  As Chrissy mentioned, being patient got depressing after a while and althought I love to support each of you I had to stop spending as much time on here as I used to when the journey seemed to be going forward a few years ago.

My file got sent to Quebec a couple years ago after meeting with Dr S and hearing that the DS was still not an option.  After several calls (between myself and my son speaking French) they just kept telling me I was on the list and to keep waiting.  So when Dr B's office contacted me last Aug I decided to look at his options.  Met with him in Sept, had my full info session first Tues in Dec and they saw the psychologist on Feb 15th.  She said I was the most prepared patient she ever met, lol so I guess the many many many hours of research, reading here, watching operation videos and being subscribed to several newsletters/groups/health groups did help!

When I met with her I explained how a quicker date would be better for recovery since I would be going to my moms and easier if kids were still in school.  Thankfully she supported that and I signed my consent forms with Dr B on Mar 16th - he said it could be 2-3 months for surgery depending on the OR scheduling ... but I got my call the following Monday and am now scheduled for the RnY on Thurs Apr 19th - which is actually my birthday!

My shakes/bars arrived today and start them on Thurs.  Will need to put extra hours in to close as many of my work cases before the big day so hopefully the headaches won't be too bad.

Looking forward to joining many of you on the post surgery bench!  Sending thoughts of perseverence for those still going through the process!

M
Live, Love, Laugh - Life is short so enjoy today!
Michelle Clark  
Canadian Mom, Tupperware Manager and AVON Leader 

Angel to Charline (New Maryland) & Chrissy
Mary C.
on 4/3/12 6:13 am - Glovertown, Canada
 Hi Michelle - what a wonderful birthday present! Congrats!

j_aclyn
on 4/3/12 7:20 am - Canada
Best wishes!!

Dr. Beausoleil and his team are amazing and so easy to work with. Happy Birthday!! An amazing gift to yourself for all of this determination. Take care,
Mary C.
on 4/3/12 11:11 am - Glovertown, Canada
Dr. Beausoleil - Caring, Competent, Professional, Decicated - and cute to boot!  I have to say - I miss Lise -  I don't think she has been back. But Rinette is still there as far as I know - and she rocks!

Kitty_mom
on 4/3/12 1:14 pm - New Maryland, Canada
16 days & counting. I am sure you are making the right decision.  I know it isn't your first choice, but there are some nasty draw backs to the DS. The ability to eat  what you want & lose weight sounds good to me, but you won't miss the food with the RNY.  I can't wait to see the new skinny you.

sunnie41
on 4/4/12 12:43 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
congrats on getting your date, bet you are excited after such a long wait
IslandMomma
on 4/4/12 9:37 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Who is your Dr??  B or Savoie??  I think we might have been in the same info session in Dec.....you are having the By-pass??  Why not the sleeve??
Carly ~
on 4/13/12 3:55 pm
 Congrats on getting your date so quickly!  
Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a swift recovery!

All the best to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1043 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1898 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1751 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1750 views