Question for crocheters...

patriotmom
on 1/13/12 10:38 am - Marion, AR
I am in real need of help! I want to do Granny Squares, but I can't follow a pattern. I am more of a watch and learn person.
I have been working on an afgan, (just chains back and forth.) BUT I have been told that I was supposed to count the stitches for each row....HMMMM, maybe that is why it's a bit crooked in spots. I'm more than halfway thru with it and NOT restarting it, so I'll just go with crooked for it.

Can anyone talk me thru how to make a Granny Square? If my Grandma or Great-Grandma were alive I would have expert advice and instructions on all kinds of stitches and patterns...HINDSIGHT!
I was never into that OLD LADY sewing junk and now that I'm older and have given it a try, I've discovered it's a great way to relax and destress.

Thanks,
Trisha

God bless,Trisha & Jeff

Jenn D.
on 8/27/12 12:38 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
Hi!
When I am having *issues* with a stitch, I go to Mikey (the Crochet Crowd) on youtube. He does the best video tutorials I have seen to date, and he breaks it all down!
A side note, I love whipping out granny squares!! Working on a daisy now, but seriously re-thinking, since I hate switching colors!! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Question for crocheters...
patriotmom · 1 replies · 587 views
knitter/crocheter/spindler
bevsyarncrazy · 1 replies · 568 views
New to this board!
hotmamawannab · 0 replies · 514 views
Hello Ladies ;-)
Babe_Magnet · 0 replies · 491 views