pit falls in quick sand...

zimmersdreamer
on 4/15/12 10:37 pm - indianapolis, IN
 I have been diagnosed again with bi-polar disorder. when things are bad, and stressful I eat. the depression gets so bad that I can not get out of bed. this morning I got on the scale and almost cried! i gained 10lbs (30 total in a year). I can not blame it on water weight, time of the month, or just Easter weekend goodies... I am eating so much more than I am exercizing. I eat out because it takes SO much energy to cook, and Heaven forbid one of the teens cook meals! (I live with 2 20someting-year old brothers and thier girlfriends as well as an odd roomate in there and my 2 children) I have stress at work, stress over gaining weight and stress about the other nutcases in the house (2 of us have bi-polar, 3 of us have ADD and 2 have manic depression...good times,no?) 

I feel alone, I feel like i have to take on all this myself, I know I dont but if I dont who will? I have an appointment with a shrink in 2 weeks but no meds till then. I need to get back on tract but just dont have the drive any more :( I am doing this weightloss for me, but I just dont feel worthy anymore... :'(

thanks for letting me vent!

tj150
on 4/16/12 2:00 am
I feel for you it sounds like you are dealing with a lot. I also have bi-polar and am on meds for it. Hopefully when you see a "shrink" he or she will get you on medication so you feel better. It takes a while for them to work and they may have to try different variations. I wish you all the best! Hopefully once you are feeling better you will be able to deal with the weight issues better.
kappybook
on 5/10/12 7:56 pm - Vanuatu
 Dreamer, 

Have you thought about 12 step recovery?  Lot's of people who have struggled with mental health issues are still able to get relief from their food addiction by using the Twelve Steps.  They even have around the clock on-line and telephone meetings inccase you can't get to a meeting in person or your area doesn't offer them.  

Just a thought.  Sometimes focusing on the solution vs, the problem can be a great help. 
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 6:54 am
Hi Zimmers, Cheer up, there is a solution for you!!! Remember the guy who made focus factor? Well he made a new product called Focus Up that I think you should try. You can get some at www.focusup.com/Ahealthydrink  In my opinion it really works!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views