cant stop

paytonsmom111911
on 10/26/12 12:06 am
I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. And recently have been wanting one but instead I turn to food. Its causing me to constantly gain weight. I work as a in home health aid and I get quite bored as I'm here 12 hrs straight. I tell myself not to snack but 10 min later I do it anyway. I need control, any tips?
brock2006
on 10/26/12 3:10 am

My best advice, don't deny yourself snacks.  just make sure they are healthy snacks.  Your body, like a car, won't move (or even run) without fuel.  But celery sticks fuel your body better then potato chips.  So keep the snacks healthy, and you'll be fine!

DebColCam
on 10/26/12 7:28 am - Canada
As an ex smoker of 11 years I would suggest turning to healthy snacks over cigs. Smoking is such a difficult addiction to break and there is no such thing as a healthy cigarette. Even after 11 yrs I still fight the occasional urge. I am still obese but I was even more obese bk then so don't let your mind go to thinking a smoke will stop u from eating and you'll be skinnier. It doesn't work that way! Healthy cut apples, nuts, seeds carrots celery, cheese other fruits and sugar free mints and gum my help oral cravings. For physical maybe you could do crafts, knitting, painting, coloring or even blogging on line. I once had a Dr who told menthat it was healthier to be obese than to be an obese smoker! Take care and please post again to let us know how you are doing. Deb
Supergirl7877
on 10/27/12 1:07 am

I am just going to share what I do in those "oh my goodness I must eat that..." Moments.  I am not pushing this just putting it out there.  I pray.  I tell you I have prayed so much on this journey...I read a book and did a program called "Made to Crave."  It made a big difference for me and sure taught me to rely on something other than my "will power"

I also totally agree with the others about healthy snacks.  I eat about the same thing everyday so when a hunger attack strikes I just go choose one of the foods..cucumbers, yogurt (which I leave in the fridge and take bites of through the day), or figs.

you can do it!  :)

paytonsmom111911
on 10/28/12 12:30 pm
Thank you for all the helpful hints I also want to try brushing my teeth everytime I crave something. Heard it works for many. I'll keep in touch on how I do.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 881 views