Excess skin after weight loss

Yvette F.
on 2/18/13 2:27 am

I am looking for some advice or guidance on things that work. I have lost a total of 70 lbs in 12 months from using Phentermine. I have talked to my doctor about the excess skin "apron" and how to reduce it since I have been having an issue with rashes. I was told that surgery would be the only way to get rid of it, but I would like to know if anyone has used compression garments to help this problem. I am scared to death to have the surgery for fear of complications. Plus, I have two small children. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

chellelynn3
on 2/20/13 1:57 am - san bernardino, CA

I really think that surgery to have it removed is the only real way to get rid of it. Unfortunately our skin is like a balloon that has been blown up and then had all the air let out of it again, once you do that it will never go back all the way to tight and firm. I understand about being scared of having the surgery, I have 3 younger kids and a husband that need me and I know its scary!

I also know that there are things that will improve the excess skin, (but not take it away) like keeping your self hydrated with good pure water, cutting down or eliminating caffine, eating good quality nutrition with lots of fruits and veggies, and there is a natural supplement called MSM that helps with healthy skin, nails and hair (I take 1,500 mg of this daily) also of course lots of good quality rest and exercise will all help, but again..... not remove the skin! I know there are other things like infrared saunas which promote sweating/detoxing and natural skin wraps that help draw out toxins and reduce inches.  

I have lost 120's and I am looking into excess skin removal myself, I still want to lose another 20 lb's before I move forward on that though, I have come to the acceptance that the skin is not going to go away, and it is no longer part of me, I do not want to carry around the baggage of my old self for the rest of my life. 

Best of luck to you!

Michelle    

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

torrielw
on 4/11/13 1:06 pm

I had the gastric bypass surgery about 6 years ago.  Nine months after having the surgery, I got pregnant.  My skin is a big mess.       I don't have the financial means to have the skin removed.  I have recently been using the It Works ultimate applicators.  I have lost 13 1/2 inches off my mid section and tightened my skin.  I will include my webpage where you can look at the information.  You can also email and I can show you some before and after pictures.  You can also look on you tube at the videos online.  My email address is: [email protected].  My webpage:https://torriew.myitworks.com

Six years after having the gastric bypass surgery I am still struggling with my weight but I have lost over a 100 pounds and have managed to keep most of it off.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Debra Bearden
on 9/11/13 9:34 am - Mabelvale, AR

I too have been using the It Works Ultimate Body Applicators - I had WLS in December of 2004 and went from 320 to 140.  I have lots of loose skin so much so that I purposefully gained weight in an effort to kind of fill it in a bit, So I went up to about 170.  This helped me look and feel better about my appearance.  Then recently I found the It Works body wraps.  I wish I had had them when I started my journey.  They are helping me, I cannot say with 100% certainty that they will help shrink the skin on every person who uses them.  If you would like more info or to see my pictures contact me [email protected]  my website is www.itworksbydebra.myitworks.com

Debra - Life gets better

MaryMargaretG
on 10/4/13 12:19 am - Medina, OH

I am 61 and have a lot of hanging skin.  However, I am not really concerned about it at my age, but if I was younger I would have something done.

A friend from here, had the tummy done and she said it was pretty painful but worth it.

Mary

Mary

I am on my way.  What a ride it has been.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Sharing

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 328 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 456 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 665 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 874 views